Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-17-2020, 01:26 PM   #1891
tourneur
Zealot
tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrzok View Post
I tried this on the doorstop biography I just finished and this option shaved some 7 hours off the book and some 6 hours off The Decameron.

These were epubs sent to my Kobos as kepubs.
Which firmware are you on? I added the line to the config file, rebooted the device but this option is not showing up in the reading settings. Would love to enable this setting.
tourneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 03:37 PM   #1892
RETG
RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20
Believe this is under firmware; but if not it's worth a try.

Change the ON time for the screen to go into Comfort light from the earlies of 9PM to at least 6PM. WHY? Not everyone works the same hours, and some of us are reading the KOBO earlier (we get up early, like 2AM for me). Now it does not change till 7PM (and this is in Oct.)
RETG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2020, 04:35 PM   #1893
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RETG View Post

Change the ON time for the screen to go into Comfort light from the earlies of 9PM to at least 6PM. WHY? Not everyone works the same hours, and some of us are reading the KOBO earlier (we get up early, like 2AM for me). Now it does not change till 7PM (and this is in Oct.)
If you are fine with patching the firmware, there is a "Customize ComfortLight settings" patch in src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml which can do this and more.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 04:39 PM   #1894
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:

Sheesh... the Google-fu is running weak these days.

Check the existing Kobo patches and look for Customize ComfortLight settins in libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml. The default becomes 5PM (colour change starts at 4PM) though that can be modified along with the sunrise start/end times, timer interval (default is 30 minutes/1800 seconds).
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 04:51 PM   #1895
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
On the other hand, Google doesn't index the patches themselves. I might automatically create a simple index of them for the kobopatch site, which does get indexed.

Also, Reddit's r/kobo seems ignorant of most things discussed here, and quite a few people end up there after a search.

Nevertheless, I agree that people are losing the ability to search for things...
Advert
Old 10-19-2020, 07:33 PM   #1896
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Nevertheless, I agree that people are losing the ability to search for things...
For me, a Google search using "comfortlight time patch site:mobileread.com" managed to hit Anyone else enjoy the comfortlight PRO feature? as the first hit which mentioned the existing patch.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:47 PM   #1897
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
For me, a Google search using "comfortlight time patch site:mobileread.com" managed to hit Anyone else enjoy the comfortlight PRO feature? as the first hit which mentioned the existing patch.
Many people judge things by the title without actually visiting the link and don't know how to do an advanced search .
Old 10-20-2020, 05:10 PM   #1898
jkrzok
Connoisseur
jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD, Aura One, Voyage, Oasis 1 & 2, Many others getting dusty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Can you point to the edition of "The Decameron"? I'd like to test it if it is something I can get. With the edition that is in the MR library, the reading time doesn't change. But, it doesn't appear to have any front or back matter.
It was the Wayne A. Rebhorn translation.
jkrzok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 11:01 AM   #1899
Nightflyer
Connoisseur
Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M6, Kobo Clara HD
A capability for a switch or peddle to tap with foot to turn pages. WiFi maybe?
Nightflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 11:32 AM   #1900
RETG
RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
If you are fine with patching the firmware, there is a "Customize ComfortLight settings" patch in src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml which can do this and more.
Thanks, if I ever figure out how to do a patch I'll give it a try.
Old 10-22-2020, 11:39 AM   #1901
RETG

Quote:

Check the existing Kobo patches and look for Customize ComfortLight settins in libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml. The default becomes 5PM (colour change starts at 4PM) though that can be modified along with the sunrise start/end times, timer interval (default is 30 minutes/1800 seconds).
Exactly not sure what "google-fu" is referencing; however, if it means to google something than that will never happen. I stopped using google many years ago. As for being weak....I searched the question via another search engine and it brought me to this page. So I asked a question. Don't want to answer; DON'T.

Have a nice day..
Old 10-22-2020, 11:54 AM   #1902
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Exactly not sure what "google-fu" is referencing; however, if it means to google something than that will never happen. I stopped using google many years ago.
Google-fu is a portmanteau word from Google and kung-fu. Basically it means the ability to construct search queries that give accurate and desired results. It does not necessarily mean using Google to perform the search. I did the same type of search on Bing, Baidu and DuckDuckGo with very similar results.

Quote:
As for being weak....I searched the question via another search engine and it brought me to this page. So I asked a question. Don't want to answer; DON'T.

Have a nice day..
I was pointing out that a simple query would have resulted in you learning that the capability you were asking for already existed and not leading to a post in the Kobo future firmware feature request thread—the key word there being future.

You did notice that both @geek1011 and I supplied you with the information about the existing patch so your question was answered.

Last edited by DNSB; 10-22-2020 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Added testing with alternate search engines
Old 10-23-2020, 02:25 AM   #1903
astrobleme
astrobleme began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Talking libra suggestions

Hello, I have 3 different library cards, and I would love it if I didn’t have to switch among them. If that’s not possible, can you at least please have the remember login details option on overdrive so we don’t have to type in the card numbers every time we want to switch libraries?

Also, in an older update, we could read books from a different library while signed in to another one, but now I can only see their previews, I would really like to have that back.

Thank you!
astrobleme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 12:20 PM   #1904
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
For the Kobo website: I'd like to see an Author Watchlist feature. I have numerous book series that I follow, and it'd be nice to be notified when a new book is released.
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 10:20 AM   #1905
Barruel
Enthusiast
Barruel began at the beginning.

Device: 3 x Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 3 Manga Edition
Hi.

I would like to get battery charging level control, so the battery stops charging at 80% and doesn't start charging again until it is under 40%.

Is that possible with firmware?
Barruel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo