Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-01-2009, 11:15 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonist View Post
Well, I just did a quick search for Updike, and most (of the few available) titles on eReader.com are $12.95, while they are $9.99 on Amazon.

Unfortunately, both have meager selection (Amazon's is a little better), and neither has the Rabbit series (which is available in PDF format from www.diesel-ebooks.com, where Rabbit, Run goes for $7.87 - I will buy it and try on the Kindle DX.)
http://www.ebookmall.com/ebooks-auth...ike-ebooks.htm
http://ebooks.ebookmall.com/author/j...ike-ebooks.htm

Between these two links you can find the Rabbit eBooks as long as you are willing and able to strip the DRM and convert.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:40 PM   #17
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pking36330 View Post
Except that it SERIOUSLY confuses potential customers. Let me get this right...I can only by eReader books at the eReader.com website owned by FictionWise, but at the FictionWise.com website I can buy eReader and other formats. Right?

Do my FictionWise dollars in my account work on the eReader.com webstore?
Why wouldn't they create a superstore and then you can select eReader, eBookwise, Mobi, or whatever format you want to filter everything but that? One e-commerce engine and one set of books HAS to be cheaper and more efficient. Somebody is paying for that extra overhead and it's the customers and each of their various webstores.
Sounds logical but logic does not always play a roll. eReader site was a pretty big part of the reason they bought the product in the first place so why would then shut it down and send all the customers away. Perhaps they wouldn't find the fictionwise site after all. If you have two sites you can do twice as much business sometimes. Not logic but reality. Besides they can offer different deals and position the future products independently.

You can easily argue that ebookwise and Filament books should be shut down as well. But the business models are different and they are covering all the bases. Do you have a business degree?
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:19 AM   #18
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you are purchasing eBooks with images over than the cover, eReader is the last choice I would make. Well, PDF is actually. But that's another can of worms.
I have never seen an image in an eReader edition that's better than about 400x600 pixels. It may look OK on a PDA, but it looks horrid on the PC reader.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote