Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-10-2024, 11:50 PM   #1
Maimun Ahmed
Mr. Developer
Maimun Ahmed began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Exclamation ERROR #! Font nerdfonts/symbols.ttf ( nerdfonts/symbols.ttf)

Guys I am super new to KOReader and ubuntu so I would really love if you could guide me through this initial journey.

When I installed KOReader on my virtual machine (ubuntu) and ran it for the first time using ./kodev run, I came up with this error: ERROR #! Font nerdfonts/symbols.ttf ( nerdfonts/symbols.ttf ) not supported: ./ffi/freetype.lua:39: Failed to load font './fonts/nerdfonts/symbols.ttf', freetype error code: 1.

Does anyone know how to fix it. Some of the symbols are also not showing inside the emulator. Initially I thought that downloading the font would work, but I am not able to find the downloadable file also. Please help!
Maimun Ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 05:28 AM   #2
Maimun Ahmed
Mr. Developer
Maimun Ahmed began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maimun Ahmed View Post
Guys I am super new to KOReader and ubuntu so I would really love if you could guide me through this initial journey.

When I installed KOReader on my virtual machine (ubuntu) and ran it for the first time using ./kodev run, I came up with this error: ERROR #! Font nerdfonts/symbols.ttf ( nerdfonts/symbols.ttf ) not supported: ./ffi/freetype.lua:39: Failed to load font './fonts/nerdfonts/symbols.ttf', freetype error code: 1.

Does anyone know how to fix it. Some of the symbols are also not showing inside the emulator. Initially I thought that downloading the font would work, but I am not able to find the downloadable file also. Please help!
Ok. I got the solution. I just downloaded the fonts from the source code of the KOReader releases, installed them and made the required folder structures.
Maimun Ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 12:03 AM   #3
Anisha zabin
Anisha zabin began at the beginning.

Thanks. I was looking for the same.
Anisha zabin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
developer, koreader, plato