Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-23-2024, 07:01 PM   #1
Ebookus
Enthusiast
Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle
ePub3 pages

Hello all,

new member here.

I downloaded an ebook in ePub3 format through ADE, which has pages encoded into it, the ones that match a physical version. However I can't seem to get them to work reliably anywhere.

In ADE they show normally under Page-List, the introduction is in roman numerals (i,ii,iii, etc) and then starts counting from the ToC, first page is Page 5. In Calibre, I can see the pages coded into the ebook, however, in KOReader the file appears as 'Page iii' through the entire book (when using 'Use reference page numbers'). I also tried to send it to my kindle via "Send to Kindle" but it does not load the pages, it only displays Location, other ePubs I have sent before do show pages.

I also tried to manually add page numbers using the "Count Pages" plugin in calibre but again, nothing changes with send to kindle or koreader. I also tried converting it to ePub2 and again nothing.

The only program that appears to be able to read the pages correctly is iBooks, everything else seems to struggle with it. at this point I am not sure what is wrong with this file so, any ideas? I'd really appreciate your help as this is driving me nuts.
Ebookus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub 3, kindle, koreader