Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 12-16-2023, 10:56 AM   #1
Tigressdance
Tigressdance began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Help! CC not able to Integrate to ANYTHING on new Tablet!

Hello, all.

I'm at my absolute WIT'S END and I desperately need help! I've been using CC and eReader Prestigio across multiple devices for years and never had any trouble (all Samsungs - currently Galaxy S22 and Tab 6 Lite). CC keeps my books in a beautifully organized manner, and Prestigio is the reader app it has always opened to.

I just bought a new Samsung Galaxy Tab9 and now I can't use CC AT ALL! When I try to open a book from CC using Prestigio, I get the error message: Open failed EACESS (Permission Denied). I can open the books directly in Prestigio, but CC will not point to them.

This is irritating, but I thought to adapt by trying a different reader so I downloaded Moon+. CC won't even RECOGNIZE that Moon+ is on my tablet. After deleting Prestigio and installing Moon, CC just asks if I have a reader app installed. It won't even give me the option of using the 'Send book to app' function.

I ALSO created a Net Library using my Calibre for Windows and allowed Moon+ access. While I can see all my books in Moon, it's just in an ugly file format, which completely negates the purpose of CC (easy access in a simple to see format).

I updated both my Calibre for Windows and CC to the newest versions and made sure my tablet was using the latest version as well.

All my books are currently in .epub format, though I occasionally will need to open a .pdf for work (not something I'm worried about right now).

Can someone please help? I just want to browse and read my books! Thank you so much!
Tigressdance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 11:00 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Moderator Notice
Moving to Calibre Companion forum. Note that CC isn't maintained so you probably won't get any joy.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 11:05 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
CC is dead. Let it go.

JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 03:08 PM   #4
Tigressdance
Tigressdance began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
CC is dead. Let it go.
Any suggestions for a new app that does the same thing? Or possible help with Moon+ pulling from my Calibre cloud files so that they're shown in a more concise manner? I like to browse and read as the spirit moves me so the whole 'Files' view is throwing me.

I don't have Moon+ Pro, though if it's something that will work I'm not adverse to buying. I DID have CC Pro, and paid for that, so the fact that it's no longer supported is kinda a bummer.

I sincerely appreciate any and all help!
Tigressdance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 09:29 PM   #5
rwmcafee
Connoisseur
rwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it is

Device: none
You might want to check out Calibre Sync. It isn't free.

Here is the Mobileread forum for it.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=345380
rwmcafee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 04:13 PM   #6
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
"But I'm Not Dead Yet"

Numerous folks are claiming CC is dead, but as mentioned in another thread, an update was in fact released on November 7, 2023. I use the word "update" loosely.

This has caused many, myself included, failure to open any installed reader apps. Workaround seems to be to install an earlier version.

I'm sure Sam is busy working on a fix.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 05:04 AM   #7
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
Numerous folks are claiming CC is dead, but as mentioned in another thread, an update was in fact released on November 7, 2023. I use the word "update" loosely.

This has caused many, myself included, failure to open any installed reader apps. Workaround seems to be to install an earlier version.

I'm sure Sam is busy working on a fix.
I doubt that - look on the Play Store for support for this app and there on website
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 10:25 AM   #8
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I doubt that - look on the Play Store for support for this app and there on website
I should've been more clear on my choice of sarcasm emojis. :-)
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre companion, moon +, prestigio