Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-25-2015, 07:33 PM   #1
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Bookbub

I don't know if this has ever been mentioned here on Mobileread, but I just saw it today while browsing around on my CNN app. It's bookbub.com, a site where you can sign up and receive alerts on free and discounted e-books. When you sign up, you can choose the types of books that interest you, as well as the vendors you use.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:52 PM   #2
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
I don't know if this has ever been mentioned here on Mobileread, but I just saw it today while browsing around on my CNN app. It's bookbub.com, a site where you can sign up and receive alerts on free and discounted e-books. When you sign up, you can choose the types of books that interest you, as well as the vendors you use.
I like their "alerts." For some reason I (maybe it's this way with everyone) get information from them each day about only half a dozen or so ebooks. But very often they will have information, that I had not seen anywhere else, on a great book, and I will end up buying that book.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:11 PM   #3
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
I highly recommend this site. I receive their "ebook bargains" daily, and, from time to time, pick something interesting.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:38 AM   #4
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I subscribed to the alerts for a while, but never found much of interest. They included way too many books outside the zone of interest I specified.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 01:37 AM   #5
alktdknckmom
alktdknckmom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.alktdknckmom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.alktdknckmom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.alktdknckmom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.alktdknckmom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.alktdknckmom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.alktdknckmom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.alktdknckmom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.alktdknckmom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.alktdknckmom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.alktdknckmom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: kindle
I've tried both BookBub and BookGorilla. Both offer good deals on books, but I found that bookgorilla fit my needs better because of the selection of books. Don't get me wrong, I've found a ton of indie books that I've been pleasantly surprised by, but I like that Bookgorilla has big name people, too. Just the other day I got a Michael Crichton book for .99. For someone who is on a budget, that was a great find. I haven't found that with bookbub, so I stopped using their service and use bookgorilla solely now.
alktdknckmom is offline   Reply With Quote