Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-04-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
PeteS
Enthusiast
PeteS will become famous soon enoughPeteS will become famous soon enoughPeteS will become famous soon enoughPeteS will become famous soon enoughPeteS will become famous soon enoughPeteS will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-300
Diagrams very faint

I recently downloaded a free book on carpentry which has an unusual feature on the diagrams - although the background colour of the page is pure white the section which has the drawing on is cream - this is reasonably clear using the built in viewer in calibre but when transferred to my Sony PRS300 is too faint to view. Is there anything that can be done in calibre or is this outside the scope of this programme?

Would appreciate any help as the book appears quite interesting.

Cheers,

PeteS
PeteS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:19 PM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Manipulating the images is outside Calibre's scope. You'd need to unzip/explode the epub, then use some image manipulation program to give the files higher contrast, etc. One which has batch manipulation like photoshop would be helpful.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2010, 09:46 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
I recently downloaded a free book on carpentry which has an unusual feature on the diagrams - although the background colour of the page is pure white the section which has the drawing on is cream - this is reasonably clear using the built in viewer in calibre but when transferred to my Sony PRS300 is too faint to view. Is there anything that can be done in calibre or is this outside the scope of this programme?

Would appreciate any help as the book appears quite interesting.

Cheers,

PeteS
I have used the "color replacer" in Paintshop Pro to lighten the background.

Take care, that the color replaced is NOT also a valid part of the image
Other tasks, are to raise all but the faintest Grey (scan quality correction ) to black
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:07 PM   #4
PeteS
Enthusiast
PeteS will become famous soon enoughPeteS will become famous soon enoughPeteS will become famous soon enoughPeteS will become famous soon enoughPeteS will become famous soon enoughPeteS will become famous soon enough

Thanks idolse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
Manipulating the images is outside Calibre's scope. You'd need to unzip/explode the epub, then use some image manipulation program to give the files higher contrast, etc. One which has batch manipulation like photoshop would be helpful.
Thanks for your advice - sounds a bit technical for me - but I will give it a try and see if I can improve the images.

Cheers,

PeteS
Old 09-05-2010, 02:30 PM   #5
PeteS
Enthusiast

Thanks also - theducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I have used the "color replacer" in Paintshop Pro to lighten the background.

Take care, that the color replaced is NOT also a valid part of the image
Other tasks, are to raise all but the faintest Grey (scan quality correction ) to black
Thanks for your help - I will experiment with this as it all adds to my knowledge. Calibre seems so versatile I was hoping Kovid had also done something that would sort this out as the programme had sorted quite a few of my other problems.

Cheers,

PeteS
Advert