Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 05-06-2010, 01:19 PM   #1
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
BJs.com: Aluratek Libre $139.99

I received an email from BJ's today which said that (through June 30) BJs.com is selling the Aluratek Libre for $139.99 with free shipping.

http://shop.bjs.com/viewproduct.htm?...=EE20100506:23

PS - This link will also show you that they have the Sony 300 Pocket for $149.99.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #2
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I received an email from BJ's today which said that (through June 30) BJs.com is selling the Aluratek Libre for $139.99 with free shipping.

http://shop.bjs.com/viewproduct.htm?...=EE20100506:23

PS - This link will also show you that they have the Sony 300 Pocket for $149.99.
Thanks GA, how about the Libre for $125 @

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...eader_PRO.html
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2010, 02:31 PM   #3
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

uR, $125 makes $139 sound expensive! The prices are coming down!
Old 05-06-2010, 03:19 PM   #4
hoosier
hoosier began at the beginning.

Device: still deciding
what are the major differences in the Libre and the Jetbook Lite that can be had for $99 from time to time? They look identical to me....
hoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:28 PM   #5
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
uR, $125 makes $139 sound expensive! The prices are coming down!
They sure are !

In case there aren't any $99 Jetbook-Lite deals around, there is this one for $109.99:

http://www.chiefvalue.com/product-_-...00157876010060

I've ordered from them before, I believe they are a Newegg company.
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #6
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

hoosier, the Libre is the same hardware as the jetBook. They have different firmware.

The jetBook Lite is similar to the jetBook, with fewer bells and whistles, and uses AA batteries instead.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #7
X read X
Banned
X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook, iPhone 4, Jetbook Color.
jetBook Lite has support for Barnes & Nobles DRM, that was the selling point for me.
X read X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:25 AM   #8
petechan
Connoisseur
petechan doesn't litterpetechan doesn't litter

Device: Aluratek libre
There is another link in this forum with the Libre at about $90.00 from Fry's. The Libre can read Adobe DRM books from the local public library. So far I have gone through five books, all free of course. You can buy books for the Libre at online stores such as the Sony store, BooksonBoard or Kobo. This was the selling point for me.
petechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:11 AM   #9
hoosier

wow, and now it appears the Libre has dropped to $79. of course I want a reader that can read B&N DRM'd books (does the jetbook lite read both B&N formats?)

I'm thinking it all comes down to the fact that I'm just going to have to learn to strip DRM, even though I'd rather not have to
Old 05-07-2010, 01:55 PM   #10
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
wow, and now it appears the Libre has dropped to $79. of course I want a reader that can read B&N DRM'd books (does the jetbook lite read both B&N formats?)

I'm thinking it all comes down to the fact that I'm just going to have to learn to strip DRM, even though I'd rather not have to
jetbook lite read .PDB B&N format
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:01 PM   #11
hoosier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
jetbook lite read .PDB B&N format
thanks kris - i broke down and just went over to fry's and bought a libre for $79.99. figure for the price I'd just have to deal with it not being able to read .pdb and hope for an eventual firmware upgrade.

on that note - i know it's not able to be discussed here, but if one were inclined to strip the DRM off of a .pdb b&n book, is that one of the formats that's able to be stripped?
Old 05-07-2010, 02:03 PM   #12
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

hoosier, please give us the link for a $79 Libre!
Old 05-07-2010, 02:11 PM   #13
X read X
Banned
X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook, iPhone 4, Jetbook Color.
Quote:
I have a feeling this deal is only for people that go into the store and pick one up because i cant find a link to buy anywhere.
X read X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:20 PM   #14
hoosier

Quote:
it was at frys.com, and was there this morning (79.99 + ~ $7 ship), but i went back this afternoon and the reader is nowhere to be found on their site anymore. I went to my local store at lunch and they had at least a dozen of them. i noticed the link got posted on slickdeals.net, and so maybe they got flooded w/ orders and had to pull them from their site. price is valid through 5/13 or something, so i'd check back with their website if you don't have a store near you, maybe they'll show back up. they have a link for "ebooks" at the top of their home page, that's where it should be when available
Old 05-07-2010, 03:01 PM   #15
petechan
Connoisseur
petechan doesn't litterpetechan doesn't litter

Device: Aluratek libre
When I first thought of buying the Libre, they also had it for a good price (at that time 129.00) at Fry's but it sold out after a few days even though the price was valid for several more. It never came back in stock for several days and by then it was back to usual price. So I think if you can find it in the store- go get it.
petechan is offline   Reply With Quote