Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-10-2010, 04:40 PM   #1
Mememememe
Connoisseur
Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kobo
Blank books

I've downloaded several books. Some of them didn't download properly.

When I opened the files, I would get the openers and table of contents, but when I went to the chapters, there would be a chapter title, blank space, and then "End of chapter" at the bottom of the page. No text whatsoever, and it was like this throughout the books.

Kobo's help desk has been useless. A week after my initial exchange with them, they sent me instructions on how to download books. Gee, thanks.

I did find two workarounds for the problem and now have those books on my reader, but it shouldn't be my job to find my own workarounds. I'd like the books to come through intact when I buy them.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?
Mememememe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:52 PM   #2
ttluisa
Enthusiast
ttluisa began at the beginning.

Device: kobo, kindle 3
Strange....I never had that kind of problem. Have you ever concerned it may be the book it self? Where did you download those problem books? Can you open them in ADE? I think if they were fine with ADE, then it would be Kobo's problem cause clearly something in that epub file is not being read properly.
ttluisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2010, 09:38 AM   #3
Mememememe
Connoisseur
Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttluisa View Post
Strange....I never had that kind of problem. Have you ever concerned it may be the book it self? Where did you download those problem books? Can you open them in ADE? I think if they were fine with ADE, then it would be Kobo's problem cause clearly something in that epub file is not being read properly.
It wouldn't be the book -- it was three books I bought directly from Kobo. (I also bought other books that were fine.)

They open fine on ADE (and one of my workarounds was to put them in ADE and transfer the ADE version to my reader, though I found a better workaround later). They also open fine when I view them online while in my account on the Kobo site.
Mememememe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #4
techie42
Zealot
techie42 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: KOBO and iPad
Perhaps this is a DRM issue? I founs that I had to use ADE to read DRM'ed books on my Kobo.
techie42 is offline   Reply With Quote