Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-25-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
NYUDeb
NYUDeb began at the beginning.

Device: PRS600
Preloaded Books

The preloaded books for Sony Reader PRS600 are in different languages. Was that intentional, or is there a way to reset the preloaded books to English?
NYUDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYUDeb View Post
The preloaded books for Sony Reader PRS600 are in different languages. Was that intentional, or is there a way to reset the preloaded books to English?
I'm pretty sure, it's intentional.
Sony's policy usually is, producing centrally and then shipping various language versions.
Usually, you'll find 4 to 8 languages of user guides in any Sony gadget.
Theoretically, based on the language you choose for the OS, all the other documents could be deleted from your reader.
But this wouldn't be the preferred scenario for myself: I've got tons of English AND German eBooks on all of my readers. Should your reader delete all non-standard eBooks from you reader with initial installation but later on accept various languages? Or does it make more sense, to accept those various languages from the very beginning? I guess, it's the latter...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert