Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-06-2017, 09:36 PM   #1
posword
posword began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Can't get Calibre to display library

I don't know if this has happened due to the last upgrade, but I am using Calibre to convert e-pubs and sending them direct to Kindle. The books I add from the Adobe Digital Editions come in okay and I convert them to Kindle and Send to Kindle okay.

However, I cannot get back to the Calibre Library... all that displays on opening is some of the recent epubs from ADE, but not all of them.

Is there a keyboard shortcut to display the Calibre Library?

Thanks,
Peter
posword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:59 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@posword - on Windows the library you're using is in the window title

Click on the Library icon and look in the Quick Switch list.

There are no keyboard shortcuts for the Library icon options In Windows the nearest thing is put Choose Library in the context menu(s) and use the menu and arrow keys.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-06-2017 at 10:07 PM. Reason: grammar
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2017, 07:51 PM   #3
posword

Switching between device and library

I guess my description of the problem was not accurate. The Library icon only allows me to switch or create a new Calibre library. I was having trouble switching between a connect device library and the Calibre library. Even though in Windows 10 64-bit I disconnected the device, the device listing remained in the Calibre window and the word "Device" was on the line above the first entry.

So I was wanting to switch back to the Calibre library, and it seemed I could only do this by restarting the program.

Thanks,
Peter
Old 07-07-2017, 08:00 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by posword View Post
I guess my description of the problem was not accurate. The Library icon only allows me to switch or create a new Calibre library. I was having trouble switching between a connect device library and the Calibre library. Even though in Windows 10 64-bit I disconnected the device, the device listing remained in the Calibre window and the word "Device" was on the line above the first entry.

So I was wanting to switch back to the Calibre library, and it seemed I could only do this by restarting the program.

Thanks,
Peter
A connected device is not treated as A Library.
When connected, the device appears on the icon bar. You can View the device, which integrates its view with the Library. to switch, you just click the Library icon or the device Icon.

Connect to Folded, is a Device. You need to Eject it (right-click on the folder device icon). Again, you can toggle between views

BTW a Visual clue it is a device, the On Device column shows (and the device name is on the status line)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:49 PM   #5
posword

Smile Thanks

@theduck -- Thanks, I get it.

Peter
Advert

Tags
ade, calibre library, display library