Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 01:10 PM   #31
Desdinova
Eternal light
Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, Touch, H2O - now Aura One and Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexguo View Post
Hi edwardycn, How to open the device to fix H2O? could you teach me? many thanks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bffxKvz9RhA
Old 10-02-2015, 01:52 PM   #32
WolfBack
Zealot
WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.

Device: Kobo Aura 6'', Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Glo HD
Can anyone send me the image for H2O?
I read a lot about recovery methods, but my knowledge are limited to just... reading my Aura...
Thnx!

;-)
Advert
Old 10-02-2015, 04:02 PM   #33
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You have PM
Old 10-02-2015, 04:40 PM   #34
WolfBack
Zealot
WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.

Device: Kobo Aura 6'', Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
You have PM
Old 10-03-2015, 09:22 PM   #35
esso
esso began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura h2o , kindle paperwhite
me too have the same problem,
any one have factory sd image.
thaks
Advert
Old 10-03-2015, 09:44 PM   #36
esso
esso began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura h2o , kindle paperwhite
I formatted my kobo aura h2o by accident
and it doesn't start up
and i can't connect it to my pc via usb
i opend the device and extracted the sd card
do you have any image for it.
thanks alot.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:39 PM   #37
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by esso View Post
I formatted my kobo aura h2o by accident
and it doesn't start up
and i can't connect it to my pc via usb
i opend the device and extracted the sd card
do you have any image for it.
Reading that, and the PM you sent to me, that sounds like you formatted the drive while it was in the device. If so, that usually fixes itself when you restart the device. Or doing a factory reset during the startup will fix it. Of course, if you formatted the card after removing it, then the only solution is an image. As I said, I don't have one for the H20, hopefully someone with one will come along soon.
Old 10-04-2015, 07:28 AM   #38
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@esso; you got pm
Old 10-04-2015, 09:04 AM   #39
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

frostschutz: Could you send me a link as well. I'll add it to my collection.

Last edited by davidfor; 10-04-2015 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Use cut and paste. You'll get it wrong if you try and copy.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:28 AM   #40
frostschutz
Linux User

I have here a crappy video that shows the finger tap factory reset for the H2O that should work in most cases:

[deleted vidme link]

Does anyone know a better video?

Last edited by pdurrant; 07-25-2021 at 08:34 AM.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:34 AM   #41
Cere4l
Cere4l began at the beginning.

Could someone send me the firmware aswell? I messed up -_-
Old 11-23-2015, 07:15 AM   #42
frostschutz
Linux User

pm sent
Old 12-10-2015, 01:57 PM   #43
rraod
Bibliophile
rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
frostschutz: I messed up my new Aura H2O while revising the downloaded books. Can you send me the link for the SD image for Aura H2O.
Thanks.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:37 PM   #44
frostschutz
Linux User

pm sent
Old 12-10-2015, 05:34 PM   #45
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraod View Post
frostschutz: I messed up my new Aura H2O while revising the downloaded books. Can you send me the link for the SD image for Aura H2O.
Have you tried a factory reset? I can't think of a way that playing with the books on the device would put you in a state that a factory reset wouldn't fix.

The steps to do this are:

- Charge the device for at least an hour.
- Hold the power button down for at least 20 seconds to make sure it is off.
- Hold the power button down and tap both bottom corners of the screen. Keep tapping until something happens.

The timing is important, so you might need to try it a few times.
Closed Thread

Tags
sd image