Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-16-2012, 06:06 AM   #1
iansales
iansales began at the beginning.

Device: none
Cold War astronauts stranded on the Moon: a new sf novella

Adrift on the Sea of Rains (Apollo Quartet 1), by Ian Sales

When a nuclear war breaks out and the nations of the Earth are destroyed, it maroons a group of astronauts on the Moon. Using the "torsion field generator", they hope to find an alternate Earth that did not suffer nuclear armageddon. But once they do, how will they return home? They have one Lunar Module,. which can carry only four astronauts into lunar orbit...

scrupulously researched, written with an expert blend of technical precision, descriptive vividness and emotional penetration --Adam Roberts, author of By Light Alone

hushed, taut and climactic ... as poignant as it is impeccably researched --Kim Lakin-Smith, author of Cyber Circus

Sales is a powerful new voice in Science Fiction, and Adrift on the Sea of Rains a stunning novella. --Andy Remic, author of Themeplanet

This is probably the best piece of science fiction I’ve read so far this year --Lavie Tidhar, author of Osama

Available now on Kindle

EDIT
Perhaps this link works better - Amazon UK for £2.56: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adrift-Rains...7326158&sr=8-2

And on Amazon US for $3.99: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

EDIT
For those wanting hardcopy editions, it's better if you bought them from http://shop.whippleshieldbooks.com/
(Yes, it's a little more but Amazon are unlikely to ever have the book in stock despite what their websites say)

Last edited by iansales; 05-25-2012 at 03:12 AM.
iansales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:49 AM   #2
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Just want to say that even though I know Ian personally - he even sent me an advance copy of the novella to read - I want to hugely, massively recommend it to anyone here who likes good, hard SF in the mould of Gregory Benford or Greg Bear. This is seriously, wickedly good stuff, and I do not and never shall say such things lightly. If I didn't genuinely rate it, I wouldn't say anything at all.
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #3
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Can't get link to function - but on UK £2-56.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:06 AM   #5
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Yes, I agree with Gary. Not being one afraid to call something crappy.

This is indeed very good. I even bought a dead tree copy.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #6
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
hmmm i might have to give this a go. being trapped in space is one of the scariest scenarios i can imagine.

edit- bought it and read it. it was brilliant and utterly compelling. i may have to order a hardcopy from amazon uk, i liked it that much. i'll definitely keep my eye on more from you in the future.

Last edited by xg4bx; 05-24-2012 at 12:51 AM.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:04 AM   #7
iansales

Two signed hardback copies of Adrift on the Sea of Rains to give away. See http://whippleshieldbooks.wordpress....tion-giveaway/
Old 06-11-2012, 08:11 AM   #8
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
email sent. those last 2 questions were tough.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #9
iansales

The competition is over and the names of the two winners posted: http://whippleshieldbooks.wordpress....prize-goes-to/

Commiserations to those who didn't win. There'll be a giveaway in July on goodreads.com, so head over there tomorrow if you fancy a go at trying to get one of the copies.

I'm also still open to requests for review copies, though mobi or epub only.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #10
KindleChickie
Connoisseur
KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DX, iPad 2, Kindle 3, Nook simple touch
Love the concept.
KindleChickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:26 AM   #11
iansales

Adrift on the Sea of Rains has been reviewed by both SF Signal here and the British Fantasy Society here.