Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-15-2011, 11:35 AM   #16
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I was able to play the game, and supposedly won a 50% coupon. However, hours later no coupon code has shown up in my e-mail.
Same here. I supposedly won a 50% yesterday and got nothing, yet today I won a 10% off one and it arrived immediately.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #17
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
How can you prove you won the 50 percent coupon, though?
Screencaps are your friend. Ebookstores have made me paranoid. Well, more paranoid.

As for me, 24 hours and still no sign of any 50% coupon in my email. But I play again just now, "win" a 10%, and seconds after I click to "redeem", it shows up in the mailbox.

I sense an unwillingness to dole out the good prizes. Nevertheless, that will not stop me from taking shameless advantage of the coupon generously posted in the Kobo forum. I did after all win one, even if they never sent it to me.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2011, 02:00 PM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Well I just posted over at Kobo's Facebook page and they said they are looking into it. Alot of people have not received their 50% off but one person just got theirs from yesterday over there after leaving a comment. So keep an eye out maybe they are fixing it.

Edit: The 50% off coupon just showed up in my email!
It does seem to be unlimited use and yes it's the same code that ATDrake mention.

Last edited by Blossom; 03-15-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:59 PM   #19
runsusanrun
runsusanrun shares his or her toysrunsusanrun shares his or her toysrunsusanrun shares his or her toysrunsusanrun shares his or her toysrunsusanrun shares his or her toysrunsusanrun shares his or her toysrunsusanrun shares his or her toysrunsusanrun shares his or her toysrunsusanrun shares his or her toysrunsusanrun shares his or her toysrunsusanrun shares his or her toys

Device: kobo
The code is spinwin50 and you can use it over and over. You don't even need to play the game!
runsusanrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:16 PM   #20
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
The code is spinwin50 and you can use it over and over. You don't even need to play the game!
Wow!! Thanks so much for posting this. I feel a huge shopping spree coming on.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #21
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I tried to go on a shopping spree wouldn't you know two of the books I bought I get 403 errors on after purchase. Open up a ticket. I got the receipts, shows in my purchased history, money taken from store credit but where a download button should be is the green button with the price instead.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #22
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I get 403 errors on after purchase.
Oh no. Did you buy these from your library/wishlist or directly from the listing?
Old 03-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #23
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I bought them directly from the site listing. I purchased 5 total and 2 are the only ones I got this on but I am using a Gift Card to keep the foreign fees down. My new debit card charges 2% on all foreign purchases which really adds up.

It's just a waiting game now.

Edit: I've been handed over to someone who handles contest related issues. I'm not sure how this relates to the contest though.

Last edited by Blossom; 03-15-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:21 PM   #24
NightBird
Wizard

That's a weird one. I wonder if the publisher just pulled those books or something.

I hope you get it straightened out quickly.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:24 PM   #25
BrentKnowles
Author
BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
10% coupon showed up immediately
BrentKnowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:59 PM   #26
moniqee
moniqee doesn't littermoniqee doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
I couldnt play the game coz my location is outside of the 3 countries.

but Thank you for sharing the code! I manage to buy a number of ebooks with it
moniqee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:23 AM   #27
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

10% off coupon this time. Not even going to use it. Not worth it when there is non contest coupons worth more still working.

I got 8 books with my 50% off one. I'm still waiting on customer service to fix the two I bought. Once I got handed to Level 2 tech support I have heard nothing back.

Edit: I just got up and Kobo has fixed the problem and I got my books!

Last edited by Blossom; 03-16-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:16 AM   #28
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
does spinwin50 work on agency books?

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:30 AM   #29
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

No it doesn't. No coupons works on Agency books in the U.S.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:38 PM   #30
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
I just got up and Kobo has fixed the problem and I got my books
Great news!!!

Tags
contest, discount, kobo