Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-21-2010, 04:01 PM   #1
clear
clear began at the beginning.

Device: none
calibre shows incorrect metadata.

for instance, http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/29932 show title as jigglers, and author as mark coker. why is this? the book author and title is the link above. i also see that mark coker is the founder of smash words. why is this meta data like this and how to i getthe e-book to show the correct meta data? thanks
clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:42 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by clear View Post
for instance, http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/29932 show title as jigglers, and author as mark coker. why is this? the book author and title is the link above. i also see that mark coker is the founder of smash words. why is this meta data like this and how to i getthe e-book to show the correct meta data? thanks
Just downloaded the EPUB version direct to Calibre .7.29 (Ubuntu Linux).

Perfect on the Meta-data (OK too many tags for my taste )
What format and what Calibre version/OS are you trying
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 06:47 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by clear View Post
As theducks stated the epub version has correct metadata. But to correct the metadata once you have a book in calibre, select the book and click Edit Metadata icon.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote