Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-25-2017, 08:41 AM   #106
helour
Enthusiast
helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Onyx M96, Kobo Glo HD
Keyboard layout (fw 4.4.9344), Kobo Glo HD <> Aura One ???

Aura One Keyboard Layout ÉÀÇ:
Code:
ý ÿ š ž æ œ þ ß ij ŀ
à á â ä ã å è é ê ë
ò ó ô ö õ ø ì í î ï
  ù ú û ü ñ ç đ ł
Hi,

I have Kobo Glo HD (4.4.9344) and my keyboard layout looks like in the text above, but the libnickel patch states that Kobo Glo HD has different layout than Aura One.

Can someone check it out (not only for Kobo Glo HD, if it is possible), please?

Last edited by helour; 06-25-2017 at 03:12 PM.
helour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 12:06 AM   #107
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Very much missing two old patches
Remove system fonts in Reader list
Remove the non-system fonts in the Reader list

Nothing canbe done?
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:33 AM   #108
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Very much missing two old patches
Remove system fonts in Reader list
Remove the non-system fonts in the Reader list

Nothing canbe done?
Yes, ignore the fonts you don't want.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:25 AM   #109
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
ignore
I would like to not forget and ignore, and remove from the list.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:22 PM   #110
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
I would like to not forget and ignore, and remove from the list.
Why would you want to remove fonts from the list? You'll end up removing more fonts than you want. So it's easier to just let it be.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:17 PM   #111
Semwize
Guru

Quote:
Why would you want to remove fonts from the list?
I do not use them at all. And the list is very long, along with my added fonts.
Quote:
You'll end up removing more fonts than you want. So it's easier to just let it be.
The ability to delete selected fonts from the list, it would be absolutely great

Last edited by Semwize; 06-28-2017 at 02:20 PM.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:40 PM   #112
smithnet
smithnet began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Sleep cover patch?

Buy a sleep cover for my kobo touch mark 3 but the last update does not show the option to use it, is there a patch to activate it?
smithnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:16 PM   #113
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnet View Post
Buy a sleep cover for my kobo touch mark 3 but the last update does not show the option to use it, is there a patch to activate it?
The Touch doesn't have the hardware needed for a sleep cover. The firmware knows this so doesn't present the option.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 06:17 PM   #114
Maillemom
Connoisseur
Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Nook Classic, Nook STG, Nook Color, Kindle, Kobo H2O
Advanced font control

I updated today and now when I open a book and read I am missing the advanced font control option to increase the weight of the font.

Was that part of the upgrade? Is there any way to get it back?

I am giving the device to an older person with fading eye sight and adding weight to the font would really help.

Thanks in advance.
Trice
Maillemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 08:37 PM   #115
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maillemom View Post
I updated today and now when I open a book and read I am missing the advanced font control option to increase the weight of the font.

I am giving the device to an older person with fading eye sight and adding weight to the font would really help.
When the firmware is updated, it replaces the patched versions of files. You need to patch the new versions and put them in the device after each update.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 04:55 AM   #116
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maillemom View Post

Thanks in advance.
Trice
Since you need to reapply the patches, I would suggest installing firmware version 4.5.9587 and wait for the new patches.