Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 11:20 AM   #151
esseeayen
esseeayen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura h2o
Hi davidfor, can you please send me the Kobo Aura H2O SD image? Thanks!
Old 06-16-2017, 08:28 PM   #152
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:48 PM   #153
esseeayen
esseeayen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura h2o
Awesome! Thanks!
Old 06-28-2017, 10:04 AM   #154
fbxfbx
fbxfbx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Lightbulb Kobo Aura H2O - SD image

Hi,

I am going to try unbricking my device in the next days. May I have the SD image too, please ?

Thank you very much
F
Old 06-28-2017, 08:50 PM   #155
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:51 PM   #156
fbxfbx

Thank you very much! I am on dd right now.
Old 07-04-2017, 05:41 PM   #157
fbxfbx

Bad news unfortunately. The original sd card was corrupted, I could not read it nor write it successfully. I have tried dd-ing the image to two different 4GB sdcards with not much success. The reader now switches on, lights up the screen and then stops there (before it was giving no sign of life at all).
Any idea? Fried reader or could it be that it needs a sdcard with a different speed rating ? Or maybe there are various hw version for the h2o ?

Thank you
fbx
Old 07-04-2017, 08:46 PM   #158
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

You should try a factory reset as you start the device. Use the last method on https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Reset:_Aura_H2O.

Other than that, I don't have any ideas. There is only one Aura H2O version. The replacement is the Aura H2O Edition 2 and is quite different, and I don't think it has an internal SD card. Trying a different rating card might work, but people have tested different ratings with the different devices and it doesn't seem to matter.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:08 PM   #159
mayar
mayar began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Touch, Kobo Aura H2O
Hi davidfor, could you send me the Kobo Aura H2O SD image, please? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:39 PM   #160
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:44 AM   #161
Yvos
Yvos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Help, My kobo H2O is broken

Hello everyone.
Following an update, my h2o kobo is broken.
The screen is blank wite with no sign. At startup, it turns black, and white again. The LED flashes without stopping.
Can you please, send me the image of the internal SD card?
Thank you in advance.
Old 07-15-2017, 06:04 AM   #162
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent. But...

Have you done a factory reset? See https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Reset:_Aura_H2O and try the last method.
Old 07-15-2017, 08:13 AM   #163
Yvos
Yvos began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent. But...

Have you done a factory reset? See https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Reset:_Aura_H2O and try the last method.
Hello Davifor,
Yes I had tried everything without success.
I just deploy your image on my SD card and it works perfectly.
Thank you very much for your help as I was desperate.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:09 PM   #164
Teddzz
Teddzz began at the beginning.

Aura H20 image

My H20 Aura will charge (flashing light near the power button) but will only flash black and white when a paperclip's used in the slot. I've done that more than once (20 times...) and it refuses to do anything else.

Could you please let me have the image for this reader.

I have the occasional problem with my Kobo Vox but it always sorts itself out. The Aura does seem to be quite different in that it won't!

Thanks.
Old 08-11-2017, 12:27 AM   #165
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent. But...

It doesn't sound like you have done a factory reset. Pressing the pinhole reset button only forces a restart of the device and is the way to recover from a hung device. Before opening the device, you should try the last method described on https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Reset:_Aura_H2O.

Last edited by davidfor; 03-30-2018 at 11:10 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
flash, h2o, image, sdcard, sdcard-image