Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 06-18-2017, 05:10 AM   #1
birkmaggs
Connoisseur
birkmaggs began at the beginning.

Device: galaxy 2
Another question about syncing calibre with onedrive...

I've read thread after thread, but i'm still not sure where to start.

I know you're not supposed to use cloud storage for the active library, so I guess the library needs to be on my hard drive.

How do I then sync the local library with onedrive?

I need to be able to use the cloud storage for both backup and for using in conjunction with my android devices on the internet when i'm not home.

I don't need every single thing spelled out in a list steps, but I need more than vague, general instructions.
birkmaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:09 PM   #2
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
I think the issue with OneDrive is that it renames the files uploaded (I could be wrong). If this is the case, then it'd be hard to find your files. People with the full bottle story will jump in here, I'm sure.

Personally, I'm using DropBox (with UpDog) and Calibre2opds. Basically, I backup my Library to Dropbox via Calibre2opds and it's available as a server-y thing (technical term) with Updog (which allows me to browse it like a library).

It's a bit of a head trip at first, but so worth it.
skb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:26 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by skb View Post
I think the issue with OneDrive is that it renames the files uploaded (I could be wrong).
And wrong you are. OneDrive doesn't rename anything, that problem is very specific to Google Drive.

The issue with using any cloud service, network server, or network access storage device is explained in this FAQ item from the Calibre User Manual.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:51 PM   #4
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Oops! Thanks BR - sorry if I lead you astray, birkmaggs.

It's pretty obvious right now that the only cloud storage I use is Dropbox. I'm a bad geek.
skb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cloud storage