Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-02-2014, 11:42 PM   #1
vva
vva began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
Unhappy Freezes on One Dot

Hello all!

I successfully updated my latest PE with ALLMINE, but for some reason, it wouldn't add books on my sd card to the library. I thought reflashing it would fix the problem. nope.

now it's stuck on the first dot of the black startup screen.
I'm able to switch the PE on and off, but as soon as I turn it on, it shows the dot and freezes there...no blinking, nothing

what do i do?

this happened after I downgraded to DINGO, then updated to ERMINE, to finally be able to install ALLMINE on a clean slate. While installing ALLMINE, it went into a nonstop restart cycle where it would glow up to 3 dots before automatically restarting again...

I tried manually restarting and re-updating multiple times with this same result until I finally reset it with a pin.

After resetting, I tried many times to start up with and without the menu-rotate buttons held down, but either way it would still freeze on the 1st dot. It does this even when I try updating through different update.zip files. This is where I'm now stuck.

I would love to get my PE to work again
vva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:07 AM   #2
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by vva View Post
Hello all!
I successfully updated my latest PE with ALLMINE, but for some reason, it wouldn't add books on my sd card to the library. I thought reflashing it would fix the problem. nope. Now it's stuck on the first dot of the black startup screen. I'm able to switch the PE on and off, but as soon as I turn it on, it shows the dot and freezes there...no blinking, nothing.

what do i do? I would love to get my PE to work again
Have you looked through the threads listed Here
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 01:47 PM   #3
vva
vva began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
Have you looked through the threads listed Here
yes, I have
looked through as many posts/pages possible before my brain shut down