Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #106
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops0000 View Post
but how would i run the launcher menu to kill it? is there some way to sewt a double tap home button to close it?
You can add a menu item that does the "killall" shown in my previous post.

The gmplay source code is provided. It *could* have touch or button support added to it. I generally publish stripped down demo programs that just show the minimum parts needed to support what is being demonstrated (little or no error handling or other support).

Some of my published scripts (like the "geekmaster signature capture" script) could have portions converted to C to add to gmplay, if you want touchscreen support). I have provided a lot of support code in various demos. You just need to "glue together" the pieces you want to use...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #107
cyclops0000
Padawan Learner
cyclops0000 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
You can add a menu item that does the "killall" shown in my previous post.

The gmplay source code is provided. It *could* have touch or button support added to it. I generally publish stripped down demo programs that just show the minimum parts needed to support what is being demonstrated (little or no error handling or other support).

Some of my published scripts (like the "geekmaster signature capture" script) could have portions converted to C to add to gmplay, if you want touchscreen support). I have provided a lot of support code in various demos. You just need to "glue together" the pieces you want to use...
ok, but then to my earlier question, do you have any idea how to add the | symbol in the zcat gmvid.gmv.gz|./gmplay command to the xterm keyboard? or is there another terminal emulator with that symbol? because I don't know of another way to launch gmplayer from the kindle without that symbol...

Last edited by cyclops0000; 07-09-2012 at 06:21 PM.
cyclops0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #108
cyclops0000
Padawan Learner

And also, can the kindle recognize a double tap of the home button?
Old 07-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #109
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
And also, can the kindle recognize a double tap of the home button?
Yes. It would just be the Home key pressed and released twice during a short time period. You can read the keypress events in a script or a C program from the keyboard event device, or by calling the system "waitforkey" command. Of course, you need to do it in a separate thread so it does not stop video playback while checking for a keypress event. There are probably other ways to check for a keypress as well...

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-09-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #110
cyclops0000
Padawan Learner

Quote:
Yes. It would just be the Home key pressed and released twice during a short time period. You can read the keypress events in a script or a C program from the keyboard event device, or by calling the system "waitforkey" command. Of course, you need to do it in a separate thread so it does not stop video playback while checking for a keypress event. There are probably other ways to check for a keypress as well...
oh ok thanks
I'm going to have to learn alot about programming, seeing as the extent of my programming experience is NXT-G...
Old 07-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #111
cyclops0000
Padawan Learner

Oh wait... I found it, just had to scour the keyboard XD
Old 07-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #112
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
xterm on Kindle - useful stuff

in the spirit of mobileread, Assuming the terminal is myts I will post his likely solution.

Useful keys to run gmplay would be:

Code:
~ = Menu + q       (root home directory)
note: The kindles root accounts home directory is very likely 
not where you wish to actually operate from, so think on)

: = BACK + . (possibly useful for specifying ports)
/ = BACK + v
| = BACK + c
- = BACK + f
. = . (duh)

MENU + Z = Tab command Autocompletion

Up on 5 dir controller = Previous Command
Hope that helps.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:03 AM   #113
geekmaster

Quote:
Oh wait... I found it, just had to scour the keyboard XD
What did you find? Details please...
Old 07-10-2012, 07:05 AM   #114
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
in the spirit of mobileread, Assuming the terminal is myts I will post his likely solution.

Useful keys to run gmplay would be:

Code:
~ = Menu + q       (root home directory)
note: The kindles root accounts home directory is very likely 
not where you wish to actually operate from, so think on)

: = BACK + . (possibly useful for specifying ports)
/ = BACK + v
| = BACK + c
- = BACK + f
. = . (duh)

MENU + Z = Tab command Autocompletion

Up on 5 dir controller = Previous Command
Hope that helps.
In myts you can see all the meta key combos by pressing the left edge "Prev Page" button on a K3.

But the OP mentioned xterm, which implies K5, not K3.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #115
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Indeed he did :)

Quote:
But the OP mentioned xterm, which implies K5, not K3.
Ah well. No can help then
Old 07-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #116
cyclops0000
Padawan Learner

Quote:
What did you find? Details please...
sorry, i meant i found the pipe...
i didnt know that the qwerty keyboard had a pipe... yeah...

and completely off-topic, i officially love this forum... because of this smiley/robot.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #117
twobob

he means the key combo

Quote:
sorry, i meant i found the pipe...
i didnt know that the qwerty keyboard had a pipe... yeah...
Would you be some kind as to post the actual Key combination for the future reader.

In the style MODIFIER + KEY.

It's annoying for the future reader to happen upon "I fixed it" and not know specifically what was done.

It makes us sad

Thanks
Old 07-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #118
geekmaster

Marvin fits nicely with the xkcd kindle Hitchhiker's Guide...
Old 07-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #119
cyclops0000
Padawan Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Would you be some kind as to post the actual Key combination for the future reader.

In the style MODIFIER + KEY.

It's annoying for the future reader to happen upon "I fixed it" and not know specifically what was done.

It makes us sad

Thanks
Oh, ok. and also geekmaster yes, yes it does XD
and the combo was the SHIFT + \
Old 07-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #120
twobob

Partial success - Odd little quirk found that just might help

Well, with these settings:

usage: ./tones -f 4000 -D hw -c 2 -v -r16000 -mdirect_write
and zcat gmvid.gmv.gz | ./gmplay-1.5a

It is possible to get the two halves to run - happily - on the kindle 3 - without dying.

Now, to get some audio piped through it... any thoughts on how best to "interleave / stream / load / whatever " the data out of ffmpeg? I suppose I better go dig up a man page.

I'm looking for RAW data with ideally RAW wav data strapped to it in some sensible fashion. or at worst something I can decode without trampling on someones IP.

I think I could manage ac3 for example. I think.

Anyways thought I would report the extremely low cpu usage in that mode.
I'll see about getting something other than a stupidly modulated sine out of the demo.

Thanks GM

Last edited by twobob; 07-11-2012 at 12:26 PM. Reason: syntax error