Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-16-2017, 08:39 AM   #1
Dori31
Dori31 began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Lightbulb Please help me make Untouchable for PW3!

Hi all!

Unfortunately I am not skilled enough to update baf's Untouchable for PW3. I was hoping a kind hearted developer here could help with a quick update?

Relevant Topics and source code:
http://www.fabiszewski.net/kindle-untouchable/
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=279209
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=255521

Basically i would love to replace the original functions of the home button with the use of the sleep button instead (AS PW3 does not have a home button), something like:

Short Press- Next Page
Long Press (1.5sec)- Previous Page
Longer Press (5sec)- Sleep
Tap upper right corner (50×50 pixels)- Turn off the extension

Any help or other ideas would be greatly appreciated guys and thanks!
Dori31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:55 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
The sleep button is under the control of a micro-controller dedicated to monitoring it.
We can not change that, it does what it does.

So your suggestion of changing what button presses are detected as specific events, that can not be done - that is under dedicated hardware control.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2017, 03:56 PM   #3
Dori31
Dori31 began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
thanks for your reply

Would it be possible to just setup small 50x50 pixel control zones? (while the rest of the screen is disabled)
-Top right corner- Next page
-Top left corner- Previous page
-Top middle- Exit Extension/unlock touch screen

cheers
Dori31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 08:53 AM   #4
macantsaoi
macantsaoi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dori31 View Post
thanks for your reply

Would it be possible to just setup small 50x50 pixel control zones? (while the rest of the screen is disabled)
-Top right corner- Next page
-Top left corner- Previous page
-Top middle- Exit Extension/unlock touch screen

cheers
Hi,

Had you any luck with this? I was hoping for the same.
macantsaoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 10:44 AM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by macantsaoi View Post
Hi,

Had you any luck with this? I was hoping for the same.
Ten months without a response, let me guess:
short answer: No.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
pw#, untouchable