Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 11-07-2017, 07:29 AM   #1
edeniz
Zealot
edeniz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader, Tolino Shine, Samsung Galaxy S3
epubs: replace stylesheets with calibre editor?

I've got a quick question:

I've been using calibre's editor to create my own epubs for a long while now (since that's a function of calibre's that's super easy to use in comparison to other epub creator software! Thanks for that neat function, by the way!), but there is something I've been wondering:

Is it in any way possible to do a search/replace inside of multiple epubs and replace the old stylesheet with a new one? Or at least add a line or two into the existing stylesheet?

It probably is something one can only do one by one, but I thought I'd ask anyway just to be sure. (Thing is, the stylesheets in the epubs I created last year no longer appeal to me for reading the epub on my pc - it's still ok for my ereader, but I want some colors and such for PC/tablet reading of the epub.)

There is also something semi-related I've been wondering for a while:

Regarding conversion of html/txt/doc files into epubs: Is there any way to ensure calibre keeps the formatting of the file's stylesheet 1:1? Because as wonderful as the conversion tool is, no matter what I do with the preferences pre-conversion, the epub's stylesheet tends to come out an unappealing mess so I tend to avoid conversion and use ebook editor to create a new epub.

I hope I could explain my dilemma semi-coherently. It's all right if there is no way to do these things. I just need to know whether or not I've been making it unnecessarily harder for myself because I couldn't see the solution in front of me, you know?

Thank you in advance for any help.
edeniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:17 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No conversion will always flatten CSS. As for making bulk changes to books, you can use either conversion itself, see the Look & feel section of the conversion dialog, or I believe a few plugins have CSS transformation capability as wel.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote