Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Migrated library, lost fonts from comments

First I must tell you what happened.

Changed HD, reinstalled Windows XP, Calibre and lots of other stuff.
Copyed libraries from old HD to new location.
Pointed Calibre to the right place.
Re-downloaded all plugins (drive letter is now different).
Copied Calibre settings from old HD Application Data folder to the new one.

So far so good - all books seem to be present, all libraries also, almost all settings also (I've strong feeling that I had more than 1 view in View Manager of the main library, second library has all 3 views like before). Must use it for a few weeks to catch more differences.

BUT - All comments have lost the Arial font. Colors and bold/italics are in place, but font is bigger and uglier than before.
When I added new book and pasted summary to comments, it appeared as before - Arial.

How can I make all the comments to Arial in one swoop? I really do not want to go pasting through thousands of metadata screens.

What happened? Could it be because I installed newer version of Calibre (8.41)? I don't remember what version was on the old HD, something from November.

Hopefully somebody knows where Calibre keeps that default font and how to change it.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Did you copy your configuration folder to new HD?

Lots of settings are save there although I do not know about metadata fonts.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #3
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by travger View Post
Hopefully somebody knows where Calibre keeps that default font and how to change it.
You are talking about the comment below the picture of the book ?? There is a setting in the options-menu, where you can configure the font to use in general. The same font should be used for any text in the form. I wonder that you don't find it.

Other formattings such as font-weight, font-style etc. are stored with the comment in a file named "metadata.opf" in the book path. If you paste from a source like Winword, some local font-style ist stored here as well.
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #4
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmat1 View Post
You are talking about the comment below the picture of the book ?? There is a setting in the options-menu, where you can configure the font to use in general. The same font should be used for any text in the form. I wonder that you don't find it.

Other formattings such as font-weight, font-style etc. are stored with the comment in a file named "metadata.opf" in the book path. If you paste from a source like Winword, some local font-style ist stored here as well.
Right, exactly the text below cover picture.
What options-menu? Where? How can I access it? I searched all places in Edit Metadata window and nowhere could I see anything font-related...
Old 04-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #5
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by travger View Post
Right, exactly the text below cover picture.
What options-menu? Where? How can I access it? I searched all places in Edit Metadata window and nowhere could I see anything font-related...
Try Preferences > Look and Feel
GeckoFriend is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #6
travger
Evangelist

It worked! Strange thing is, I even looked in 'Look and Feel' but still managed to not notice the big button.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #7
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
I was thrilled to find I knew something about calibre that could help someone else. I'm usually the one asking for help.
GeckoFriend is online now   Reply With Quote