Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > IMP

Notices

Old 01-24-2009, 06:19 PM   #1
laurielikesbooks
laurielikesbooks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Going from ebookwise to Kindle

When I first bought my ebookwise several years ago, I bought books in the eobff format. Later I got smart and began to order books in html if possible or in lit format if necessary, using various converters to get the books - even drm'd - into html versions. I've been able to take many of those files and email them to my Kindle address so that I can read them on my Kindle. But now I've got several oebff files that are on the SmartMedia card that I'd like to convert and don't know if it's possible. And, conversely, if I can't get them off the media card, is there any way to download a file from ebookwise onto my computer rather than the device? I have both the ebookwise librarian and the reblibrarian.

Or am I plain out of luck and will just have to hold onto the ebookwise to read those oebff books?
laurielikesbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:50 AM   #2
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
fictionwise

Have you used your ebookwise account to log into Fictionwise, they are actually the same company.

Then in theory you can do a download of all your .imp books in another format provided they came in the multiformat form which is likely since you bought them from ebookwise.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2009, 08:44 AM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurielikesbooks View Post
When I first bought my ebookwise several years ago, I bought books in the eobff format. Later I got smart and began to order books in html if possible or in lit format if necessary, using various converters to get the books - even drm'd - into html versions. I've been able to take many of those files and email them to my Kindle address so that I can read them on my Kindle. But now I've got several oebff files that are on the SmartMedia card that I'd like to convert and don't know if it's possible. And, conversely, if I can't get them off the media card, is there any way to download a file from ebookwise onto my computer rather than the device? I have both the ebookwise librarian and the reblibrarian.

Or am I plain out of luck and will just have to hold onto the ebookwise to read those oebff books?
sassanik has given you great advice!

However, if they are listed as Secure OEBFF, then those are DRM'ed ebooks tied to your specific EBW1150 and cannot be transferred into any other format.

If they are not secured, then you would need to get the folder containing that ebook off the SM card after inserting it into a PC card reader.

From there, you would need to "reimp" the .RES folder into an unencrypted .imp, which in turn can be exploded to text with imp_dump or .html/images with ConvertIMP.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:48 AM   #4
Lago
Connoisseur
Lago doesn't litterLago doesn't litter

Device: Ebookwise 1150, REB1200, PRS-600
ok, so if its DRM'd, can it be re-imp'd into a non drm file after its been loaded onto the reader?

im getting a prs600, would be nice to X-fer them
Lago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:49 AM   #5
Lago
Connoisseur
Lago doesn't litterLago doesn't litter

Device: Ebookwise 1150, REB1200, PRS-600
D'oh sorry, didnt notice how old this was.
Lago is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert