Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-08-2018, 04:37 PM   #1
Chris_Snow
Zealot
Chris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kobo glo
Clearing Book Grid with Keyboard shourtcut - possible??

Greetings,

Is it possible to clear the book grid with a keyboard shourtcut? Currently I've setup a search that is impossible to return and I use that, but a lot of movement to get it done. Perhaps I can add a shortcut to that search, but I don't know how to do that.

Thanks.
Chris_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:19 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Grid view is a toggle Alt-shift-g
Search results clear with Esc

is either what you ask?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2018, 07:18 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Chris_Snow - there is a find box in keyboard shortcuts dialogue, viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	163890

In this case entering clear search then clicking Next took me straight to the relevant setting, I have overridden the default key -- Esc, with a custom key sequence -- Ctrl+`.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:32 PM   #4
Chris_Snow
Zealot
Chris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Grid view is a toggle Alt-shift-g
Search results clear with Esc

is either what you ask?
Hey theducks,

Thanks for the comments - not actually what I want though.

I have "Cover View" turned on, and the book grid is under that (that's what I call the book grid - columns, and rows that show white and light grey).

What I want is to be able to clear the columns and rows (book grid) by a shortcut key.

When you start calibre, ALL the books are shown in this view. I like to clear it so it's blank.

Currently, I have a saved searched that looks for an "author:123" As there are no results, the book grid is blank. But this means a lot of movements everytime to get this blank look. SO, is there a shortcut key that will clear this area - or...can I somehow create a shortcut for my saved search "author:123" (that would have the same result. I haven't been able to figure out if calibre can shortcut saved searches.

Appreciated.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:44 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That is the main view, AKA the spreadsheet .

Never heard of anyone doing it that way. Guess there is one now
Advert
Old 05-08-2018, 09:02 PM   #6
Chris_Snow
Zealot

Quote:
That is the main view, AKA the spreadsheet .

Never heard of anyone doing it that way. Guess there is one now
Ahhh....the spreadsheet. Okay, that's what I want to clear. No shortcut then! Damn. Seems no way to add a shortcut to my author:123 saved search either?

As I run off and yell "kovid"

Thank you.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:53 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Snow View Post
Ahhh....the spreadsheet. Okay, that's what I want to clear. No shortcut then! Damn. Seems no way to add a shortcut to my author:123 saved search either?

As I run off and yell "kovid"

Thank you.
The spreadsheet IS the Library.
Your search restricted the view to NOTHING MATCHES

VL's are a way of sub setting the view (eg. show me Not Read) using saved searches.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:21 PM   #8
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Are you tying to go from this:

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-05-08 22-14-45.png
Views:	151
Size:	631.8 KB
ID:	163891

to this?

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-05-08 22-12-42.png
Views:	158
Size:	578.0 KB
ID:	163893

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 01:02 AM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Not sure if this would be any help to you but I have calibre open on my intake library which is where I first import ebooks. After massaging the ebooks (metadata, cover, quick editing, etc.), they get moved to the main calibre library. So most of the time, the library is empty when first opened.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 01:26 AM   #10
Chris_Snow
Zealot

Quote:
The spreadsheet IS the Library.
Your search restricted the view to NOTHING MATCHES

VL's are a way of sub setting the view (eg. show me Not Read) using saved searches.
You've got it. Obviously there is no shortcut to do that. I already use a lot of VL's but don't think I can get what I want through those.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:27 AM   #11
Chris_Snow
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
Are you tying to go from this:
Attachment 163891

to this?

Attachment 163893

bernie
Bernie - thanks, but....no.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:35 AM   #12
Chris_Snow
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Not sure if this would be any help to you but I have calibre open on my intake library which is where I first import ebooks. After massaging the ebooks (metadata, cover, quick editing, etc.), they get moved to the main calibre library. So most of the time, the library is empty when first opened.
This sounds interesting.

That's why I clear the spreadsheet - to import new books, but then...once I have tweaked all the metadta, covers, details etc, I use the 'Alt A' key to return only that specific author...to check everything aligns (mostly series name / order). This is why I like to stay in the "All Books" VL. If I wasn't in this VL, then Alt A wouldn't return all that specific authors books.

How do you shift your titles from one library to another? (I only have one library so don't know how you would do this)

After all this, seems you can't do what I want, unless you can assign a shortcut to a saved search (I haven't found it if it's there).

Appreciated.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:01 AM   #13
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Snow View Post
This sounds interesting.

That's why I clear the spreadsheet - to import new books, but then...once I have tweaked all the metadta, covers, details etc, I use the 'Alt A' key to return only that specific author...to check everything aligns (mostly series name / order). This is why I like to stay in the "All Books" VL. If I wasn't in this VL, then Alt A wouldn't return all that specific authors books.
You can probably do what you want with the Reading List plugin. With this, you can define a list of books using a search. If you set the list for the search as the default list, you can assign a keyboard short cut to display the default list.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 03:44 AM   #14
Chris_Snow
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You can probably do what you want with the Reading List plugin. With this, you can define a list of books using a search. If you set the list for the search as the default list, you can assign a keyboard short cut to display the default list.
Perfect! That did the trick. Thanks for the insight.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:43 AM   #15
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
For new books I make use of the option to add a specific tag(s) to all new books. I then have a stored search to show just those books. Once I have checked/fixed the metadata and covers I remove that tag. Works well for me and avoids me having to have a separate library for handling new books.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote