Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-22-2018, 07:54 PM   #1
shadowkitty
shadowkitty began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
X-ray for Sideloaded Books HELP

Basically I tried this plug-in to generate X-ray for sideloaded books (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=273189)

But I ended up uninstalling anyway because while it shows the characters, the notable clips are not formatted well, or working the way it should be.

Now I only tried the plug-in in a couple of books, but then I started to notice that even if the plug in was uninstalled, it's happening to the books I never even tried the plug in with! These are what they look like: https://imgur.com/a/Uz6lva8. Every time I connect to the internet it sort of activates the X-ray but it's not formatted correctly.

Maybe I just never noticed this before even installing the plug-in, but is this normal behavior for sideloaded books transferred via Calibre (and given Amazon ASIN)? Would they automatically download X-ray entities in their folder when connected to the internet? OR did I just break my Kindle? I tried re-installing Calibre and resetting my Kindle but it's the same behavior. It's driving me bonkers.
shadowkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:04 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you give sideloaded books an ASIN then the Kindle firmware will try to download things like cover images and pesumably X-ray data as well automatically. That is one of the reasons why calibre does not use ASINs by default.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 03:59 AM   #3
shadowkitty
shadowkitty began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
If you give sideloaded books an ASIN then the Kindle firmware will try to download things like cover images and pesumably X-ray data as well automatically. That is one of the reasons why calibre does not use ASINs by default.
Thank you for the reply! The reason why I use the ASIN is so it can download the covers, without it they show up very small in my Kindle. Is there a workaround for this one instead? I tried downloading the resize cover but it still shows up very small.
shadowkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 04:20 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Make sure you are using an updated version of calibre, the size of cover thumbnail that calibre sends to the kindle when uploading books was increased recently. Also make sure you have large covers for the books in calibre itself.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote