Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-11-2020, 12:12 AM   #811
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by alberttf View Post
Two new formats!!
Support of two new formats: CBR and CBZ. This addition makes it possible to read
comic books.
It is good that support for CBR and CBZ comes by default now, but it has been possible to read these formats for many years with the following: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=162852
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 03:14 PM   #812
tropoy
tropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by muiwuwei View Post
I followed the instructions of Lykke(many thanks for them) and installed the new firmware from pocketbook on my Inkpad 3 that I ordered from https://www.decitre.fr/liseuses/lise...152095542.html
I do not understand why they would remove chess and Sudoku which I play occasionally. Also, I guess as many others, I am not too keen on some of these commercial interfaces.

But now, my Inkpad has been set free into the matrix.

Lykke, I thank you for the instructions and my Inkpad 3 seems to be working well for the moment being. Maybe I will read some Knausgård. Love live e-readers.
Hi,
When you apply the PB Firmware on a Vilvlio Inkpad 3, do you keep your "Le Nouveau Littré" dictionary ?

Thanks
tropoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2020, 02:08 PM   #813
tropoy
tropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enough

Hello,
So, I ask to everybody: do wee keep the original "Nouveau Littré" disctionary when you apply the Pocket Book firmware on a Vivlio Inkpad 3 ?

Thanks in advance
Old 02-04-2020, 06:29 AM   #814
nhedgehog
Evangelist
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Normally it shouldn't but as previously posted and unanswered.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 04:30 AM   #815
tropoy

A mystery until someone try to do it.
I admit I'm a bit affraid ...

Thanks
Advert
Old 02-05-2020, 04:54 AM   #816
nhedgehog
Evangelist
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

See here for backup of the dictionaries.
Old 02-05-2020, 09:05 AM   #817
tropoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
See here for backup of the dictionaries.
Thanks, I'll try in a Linux system.
Old 02-05-2020, 09:58 AM   #818
nhedgehog
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropoy View Post
Thanks, I'll try in a Linux system.
Not necessary for this.
Install on the device PBTerm (search for it) and root for PB:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=325185
Install root, only step 1 is necessary.
Open PBTerm and write:
Code:
/mnt/secure/su /bin/tar cf - /mnt/secure/* | gzip -c - > /mnt/ext1/secure.tar.gz
After about 30s you should have secure.tar.gz file on your Pocketbooks internal memory, which should include all the dictionaries.
Old 02-06-2020, 12:38 PM   #819
tropoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
After about 30s you should have secure.tar.gz file on your Pocketbooks internal memory, which should include all the dictionaries.
Oh it seems easyer indeed.
Thanks
Old 02-17-2020, 02:09 AM   #820
nhedgehog
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropoy View Post
Oh it seems easyer indeed.
Thanks
Did it work? Feedback is allways appreciated.