Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 05-16-2022, 02:51 PM   #346
borricua
borricua began at the beginning.

Device: Windows desktop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralob View Post
My personal CSS style is extremely basic, but it does exactly what I want- proper indentation for all paragraphs, adequate spacing between lines, background color that is easy on the eyes, and centered headings. Very basic but it does its job.

body {color:rgb(0,0,0);
background-color:rgb(174,174,174);
text-align:justify;
line-spacing:1.8;
margin-top:0px;
margin-bottom:4px;
margin-right:50px;
margin-left:50px;
text-indent:3em;}
h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6
{color:black;
text-align:center;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:bold;}
I entered you css and added a font family but it's still displaying in a serif font.
body { font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Tahoma, sans-serif;
color:rgb(0,0,0);
h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6
borricua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 01:35 PM   #347
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Your issue may be the first C (in CSS)
you set the BODY.
that does not overrule a P (or any other) font-family if declared further into the BOX Model. That simply says to use this if nothing ELSE takes over.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2022, 12:09 AM   #348
mark_e_h
Connoisseur
mark_e_h began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/IpadMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralob View Post
My personal CSS style is extremely basic, but it does exactly what I want- proper indentation for all paragraphs, adequate spacing between lines, background color that is easy on the eyes, and centered headings. Very basic but it does its job.

body {color:rgb(0,0,0);
h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6
I tried using this basic style, but it seems to be ignored.
I'm sure my ignorance. In particular I would like to increase space between lines of text.

I would appreciate it if someone could point me in a direction on how to implement the style and make the reader pay attention.
thx,

mark_e_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 05:34 AM   #349
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think there is an error in that style
that should be:
line-height: 1.8 not line-spacing
Old 07-06-2022, 01:11 PM   #350
mark_e_h
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
that should be:
That seems to be it.

Do you know if I put CSS styles in for a book, does Calibre only use it on the single book? Or is it applied to all books I read?

Thanks for your help.

BTW,
https://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp
Was useful for me.

Advert
Old 07-06-2022, 01:51 PM   #351
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_e_h View Post
That seems to be it.

Do you know if I put CSS styles in for a book, does Calibre only use it on the single book? Or is it applied to all books I read?

Thanks for your help.

BTW,
Was useful for me.

Don't know. Knowing how Kovid does things thoroughly, Settings (in the Viewer) applies to the Viewer.

I hand edit my CSS in all books (cue Frank Sinatra: My Way) and use Publisher styles (some are now mine) on my devices.
Old 07-15-2022, 02:51 AM   #352
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Quote:
That seems to be it.

Thanks for your help.

BTW,
Was useful for me.

It applies to all books. But it may require !important to overwrite the built-in CSS of the book.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 03:15 PM   #353
mark_e_h
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
that should be:
OK - on some books,
line-height: 5.0 !important;
does exactly what I expect it to. On others, it seems to be ignored.

Any one help with the difference. How do I get the epub reader to pay attention?
thx,

Old 07-15-2022, 03:32 PM   #354
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
OK - on some books,
line-height: 5.0 !important;
does exactly what I expect it to. On others, it seems to be ignored.

Any one help with the difference. How do I get the epub reader to pay attention?
thx,

Depends
Some devices do their own thing. Period

Yor problem (some books) is the Order. You set it in one place. A nested blocks style overrides it.

Nesting of styles (usage) can be important.
Old 07-19-2022, 01:02 PM   #355
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
A line height of 5.0? That IMHO is too large.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 02:27 PM   #356
mark_e_h
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
A line height of 5.0? That IMHO is too large.
I think I was just trying different numbers to see if anything made a difference.
All numbers were treated the same way - they were ignored.
Other format items (margins, for instance) actually made a difference.

Old 07-19-2022, 03:29 PM   #357
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I think I was just trying different numbers to see if anything made a difference.
All numbers were treated the same way - they were ignored.
Other format items (margins, for instance) actually made a difference.

You might want to set all of your CSS at !important. It should be able to override the book's CSS

Code:
body {
  line-height: 5.0; !important
}
Old 08-19-2022, 10:40 AM   #358
rockster
Enthusiast
rockster began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I tried these css styles and the line height style worked, but margin styles did not worked.

Code:
body {
  line-height: 1.3; !important
  margin-right:100px; !important
  margin-left:100px; !important
}
rockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 11:37 AM   #359
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockster View Post
I tried these css styles and the line height style worked, but margin styles did not worked.

Code:
body {
  line-height: 1.3; !important
  margin-right:100px; !important
  margin-left:100px; !important
}
You can use the viewer settings to change the L/R margins.
Old 08-19-2022, 12:44 PM   #360
rockster
Enthusiast
rockster began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I forget about that. Thanks.
rockster is offline   Reply With Quote