Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 06-15-2022, 12:09 PM   #1
BKh
Zealot
BKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
Limit to number of internal links?

I'm creating a rather large ebook. It has somewhere around 3,000 internal links. When opened in Google Play Books, at about 2/3 of the way through, the links stop working.

Does anyone know if there could be a limit to the number of internal links a book has?
BKh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 01:09 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Open it locally on an ereader or some other epub app to test. Proportionally hardly anyone gets ebooks from the Playstore vs Amazon, Apple, Kobo, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords etc.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2022, 03:41 PM   #3
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKh View Post
Does anyone know if there could be a limit to the number of internal links a book has?
Not that I'm aware of, but maybe there's bugs in Google Play books.

Does the book work fine in everything else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKh View Post
I'm creating a rather large ebook. It has somewhere around 3,000 internal links. When opened in Google Play Books, at about 2/3 of the way through, the links stop working.
Run the book through EPUBCheck.

There may be actual broken code inside.

If you're more technical, you can use the "Reports" functionality in Sigil or Calibre in order to see broken links.

There are two columns:
  • Target exists?
    • "Yes" if link is pointing to an actual, working ID.
  • Match?
    • "Yes" if link is pointing back/forth.

If you want color-coded examples, I explained some of that here:
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 06:26 AM   #4
BKh
Zealot
BKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheese

Thanks for the advice. I thought I got a clean bill of health from EPUBcheck, but it turns out that I was mistaken. Fixed everything there an now it works.

Thank you both!
Old 06-16-2022, 06:56 AM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I'd assumed you'd already used a checking tool(s), sorry
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2022, 12:45 AM   #6
BKh
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I'd assumed you'd already used a checking tool(s), sorry
Well, I had, but not very well apparently.

Thanks!