Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-27-2022, 08:36 AM   #1
ichnilatis
Groupie
ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Charging frequency

Using the KOReader app on my device (PB Touch Lux 5) for about 1 hour every day, I need to charge it almost every 13-15 days. Is this normal?
ichnilatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 01:38 PM   #2
GerReader
Connoisseur
GerReader has read War And Peace ... all of itGerReader has read War And Peace ... all of itGerReader has read War And Peace ... all of itGerReader has read War And Peace ... all of itGerReader has read War And Peace ... all of itGerReader has read War And Peace ... all of itGerReader has read War And Peace ... all of itGerReader has read War And Peace ... all of itGerReader has read War And Peace ... all of itGerReader has read War And Peace ... all of itGerReader has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: PocketBook Touch HD 3
Some months ago, I logged in my calendar app when I recharged my Touch HD 3, as I was interested how long a battery charge really lasts.

Turned out quite well to two weeks between recharges. I also use it for around 1 hour per day. Different device than yours, but your time interval looks not too unusual.
GerReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 10:21 AM   #3
VladimirS
Connoisseur
VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
I think it is ok battery usage ...

For the most part, device uses most of the energy during page turning process.
When the screen is still, without page turning, device is using minimal amount of power.

My reading process is very erratic, turnng pages up and down all the time... Going up a book, and down, multiple times...
When I am reading belletristic-like content, my turning is more uniform and less frequent...
VladimirS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 11:05 AM   #4
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladimirS View Post
For the most part, device uses most of the energy during page turning process.
When the screen is still, without page turning, device is using minimal amount of power.
Does the lighting of the screen not use much power?
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 11:45 AM   #5
VladimirS
Connoisseur
VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
@Ned
If you do not use specific reader feature (backlight with white led diodes with some warm red for
eye protection), there is just reflected light from various sources (sun, lamp) ...So, no aditional energy usage for that purpose.

Once these micro-capsules from which eink display is composed flip their polarity (pigmented particules), no electicity is used to pertain this state of display.

Cheers!

Last edited by VladimirS; 07-12-2022 at 11:46 AM. Reason: typing errors
VladimirS is offline   Reply With Quote