Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-26-2022, 10:11 PM   #1
thundermonkey
thundermonkey began at the beginning.

Device: PW3, PW4, PW5
Size limit of metadata.calibre file?

First, thank you to the devs for their hard work on KOReader. I have two jailbroken PW4s, one 6GB and one 32GB. KOReader works great on the 6GB, and is a joy to use.

KOReader on the 32GB also works great until at a certain point - as I add books - the Calibre metadata search feature fails, returning nonsense when I try to browse tags or series. Am I seeing a limit on how large the metadata.calibre file can be?

Some numbers: a 81.5 MB metadata.calibre file caused failure on the 32GB just now. However a 26.3 MB sized file on the 6GB works fine. Furthermore, if I copy that file over to the 32GB then the KOReader metadata search works as expected (although those specific books aren't necessarily there of course).
thundermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 03:52 AM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundermonkey View Post
First, thank you to the devs for their hard work on KOReader. I have two jailbroken PW4s, one 6GB and one 32GB. KOReader works great on the 6GB, and is a joy to use.

KOReader on the 32GB also works great until at a certain point - as I add books - the Calibre metadata search feature fails, returning nonsense when I try to browse tags or series. Am I seeing a limit on how large the metadata.calibre file can be?

Some numbers: a 81.5 MB metadata.calibre file caused failure on the 32GB just now. However a 26.3 MB sized file on the 6GB works fine. Furthermore, if I copy that file over to the 32GB then the KOReader metadata search works as expected (although those specific books aren't necessarily there of course).
Yes. The manual parser is crap code and needs to be replaced. In the mean time you can follow https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ent-1101370638 and change the maximum file size that the program attempts to decode with rapidjson.

Any value there is ok. Currently it is hardcoded to 30MB.

Trying to parse very big files on memory constrained devices will lead to out of memory errors. That was the reason of the crap code in the first place
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 10:19 AM   #3
thundermonkey
thundermonkey began at the beginning.

Device: PW3, PW4, PW5
Thanks very much for the quick reply. Increasing MAX_JSON_FILESIZE in metadata.lua as suggested got metadata search working again.

If I hit out of memory limits on the PW4 I'll report back here so people using that device can know what to expect.
thundermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote