Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #1
adoucette
adoucette doesn't litteradoucette doesn't litter

Device: Nook Color (rooted?)
One eReader Device Per Windows User Account

I've been using Calibre for a couple years to manage my Nook eReader and just bought my wife a Kobo ereader. Since we each have separate user accounts on the windows PC we're running Calibre on - will there be any issues if I plug in my Nook and she plugs in her Kobo?
Can they both be plugged in at the same time?
If yes, then I'd prefer each of us to not be inadvertently managing the others' ereader - how can this be accomplished?
Thanks for any help,
Ari
adoucette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
You shouldn't plug them in at the same time, Calibre can only communicate with one device at a time.

When you plug in the Nook, the bottom left status bar of the main calibre window should contain a message saying that a Nook is connected. The same is true when the Kobo is connected.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #3
adoucette
adoucette doesn't litteradoucette doesn't litter

Device: Nook Color (rooted?)
OK - thanks. They both use a micro-USB cable, so an easy solution will be to only have one of those cables attached to the computer and they won't connect at the same time... (of course then can't charge them at the same time)
adoucette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:52 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
If you are using 2 different sets of calibre preferences (which is likely given 2 different accounts) then you can disable the undesired device in each of account. Go to preferences -> plugins -> device interface plugins, select the device you don't want to see, and click "disable". You can re-enable it later.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote