Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 07-29-2018, 11:25 AM   #1
TalSO
TalSO began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 (2015), Nook Simple Touch
RTL recipes

Hi.
I've been trying to create a recipe for a Hebrew blog, and for some reason, the text keeps showing up left to right. I tried adding " extra_css = 'body {direction:rtl;}'", but this didn't seem to change anything.
I'd really appreciate any help.

Tal
TalSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 12:46 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
RTL text is not supported by all formats. Set your output format to epub to be sure of support.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 05:22 PM   #3
TalSO

OK. So I am able to make an epub that is RTL, but I can't send it to my kindle unless I convert it to mobi, which makes it lose it's RTL formatting.
Any solutions?

(Solutions that would work on Nook might also be relevant for me - currently trying to decide on which to keep and which to sell)
Old 07-29-2018, 11:22 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Use azw3 for the Kindle. But note that the kindle does not support periodical formatting i azw3 files, so it will treat it as a normal book rather than a periodical. And you also cannot send azw3 by email.
Old 07-30-2018, 05:53 AM   #5
TalSO

So is there any way to wirelessly sync them to the kindle?
Let's ask more generally - any way to sync RTL files wirelessly and automatically to either a kindle a nook touch? (periodical formatting is less crucial for me)
Old 07-30-2018, 06:15 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

use the calibre content server it's /mobile view will work on kindles
Old 07-30-2018, 06:24 AM   #7
TalSO

OK. I'll research that.
Basically - you're saying to use this with AZW3 files?
Will it work with nook?
Old 07-30-2018, 07:23 AM   #8
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Isn't Nook a EPUB reader?
Kovid basically says in case you use a Kindle reader go with AZW3 and for non Kindle reader with EPUB.

Last edited by Divingduck; 07-30-2018 at 07:27 AM.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:42 AM   #9
TalSO

My question about the nook was in relation to wireless automatic syncing, not to AZW3. Sorry for not being clear.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:45 AM   #10
TalSO

I looked into the content server - it seems that it's only about online access, isn't it? Am I missing something?
Old 07-31-2018, 08:08 AM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Open browser on device, access content server, download whatever books you want from the content server.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:14 AM   #12
TalSO

So no way to auto sync AZW3 files to kindle?