Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-28-2010, 01:39 PM   #1
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Russification failed !

Hi,

just tried to install firmware 1.05a from boroda but got error "Device is not connected to PC" AFTER all files are copied onto the reader.

Changed USB adapter but still the same problem.

Any idea, hints ?

thx
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Solved: Forgot about UAC on Vista ....run as administrator solved the issue
Advert
Old 07-28-2010, 02:12 PM   #3
SkyDream
Wizard

Arrgggg....still not working.

After bypassing UAC there is no russification after reboot of 900.

Changed to PC with XP, all files copied successfully, Script finished, Reader reboots twice but no Russian language.

Do i need to have the battery fully loaded ? Currently it's not, still charging.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:59 PM   #4
SkyDream
Wizard

Battery fully charged...Russification doesn't work

Firmware 1.0.00.12110
Languages : English, French, German, Dutch
No settings for clock or additional time zones

BUT

Clock on the bottom line next to battery image !!!!

Looks like original Sony Firmware WITH clock on status line.

Don't know how that happened
Old 07-28-2010, 05:18 PM   #5
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDream View Post
Battery fully charged...Russification doesn't work

Firmware 1.0.00.12110
Languages : English, French, German, Dutch
No settings for clock or additional time zones

BUT

Clock on the bottom line next to battery image !!!!

Looks like original Sony Firmware WITH clock on status line.

Don't know how that happened
Do you have "Hack information" section in the About screen (right below Device information)?
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2010, 05:27 PM   #6
SkyDream
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmapr View Post
Do you have "Hack information" section in the About screen (right below Device information)?
No.
Just normal memory informations, device informations and then those infos about Sony, Adobe Reader Mobile, MPEG and more.

Nothing unusual.

Checked against the screenshot from boroda.
There's definitely no "Hack Information" section.

I noticed that the clock changes only on page turns.
Can't find anything different compared to before i tried to russify except the clock.

Furthermore, on the About screen i can press the Options button to switch the clock between 24-hour, 12-hour and (sometimes) Off.

Can someone confirm that this isn't a normal Sony PRS-900 feature ?
Try the Options button on the About screen.
Does something change ?

Last edited by SkyDream; 07-28-2010 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:41 PM   #7
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDream View Post
No.
Just normal memory informations, device informations and then those infos about Sony, Adobe Reader Mobile, MPEG and more.

Nothing unusual.

Checked against the screenshot from boroda.
There's definitely no "Hack Information" section.

I noticed that the clock changes only on page turns.
Can't find anything different compared to before i tried to russify except the clock.

Furthermore, on the About screen i can press the Options button to switch the clock between 24-hour, 12-hour and (sometimes) Off.

Can someone confirm that this isn't a normal Sony PRS-900 feature ?
Try the Options button on the About screen.
Does something change ?
Well, since my PRS-900 is Russified I can't tell you whether having the clock is normal for the stock one, but since my About screen says "Clock by Shade" I believe it to be part of the hack. I can also cycle through the 24-hour and 12-hour modes (tick/non-tick) and off.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:49 AM   #8
SkyDream
Wizard

Could anyone pls check on a "normal" PRS-900 ?
I'm just curious. If the clock comes from the russification why is there no hack information. Updating the firmware should be a "All or Nothing" procedure.