Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-06-2010, 02:28 PM   #1
eksor
Connoisseur
eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs700, i-mate JAMin, smartq v7, GeeksPhone Zero, iPad 3rd Gen
communication errors with 7.x release

Hi:

I am having problems since updated to Calibre 7.x (7.7 in this moment): slow book list retrieving and communication errors with my prs700. This happens with an ancient machine with XP and Sony soft (not running).

I thought about SD flash wearing, I purchased a new one and replaced the old one after backup, removing the original SD from the device and copying all the files to the computer, restoring the backup to the new SD (again using the computer) and inserting it in the device. Again, retrieving book list from the device takes a lot (many minutes) and the a communication error with device. After that, my Linux laptop refuses to write any file on that SD, plugged in the device or directly in the computer.

I have seen several problems with 7.x release in the forum. Does this happen to anybody else?

Regards

PD: I'm not complaining at all, thanks for this great software.
eksor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:15 AM   #2
kgn
Groupie
kgn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by eksor View Post
Hi:

I am having problems since updated to Calibre 7.x (7.7 in this moment): slow book list retrieving and communication errors with my prs700. This happens with an ancient machine with XP and Sony soft (not running).

[snip]

I have seen several problems with 7.x release in the forum. Does this happen to anybody else?
Yes - this has been happening to me also. This is in Vista 64 with a Pocketbook 302. It usually fails on the first connection. I then remove the PB302 - wait - then reconnect. This usually works. If not, repeat.

And you are right - it takes AGES to load in the book list. Probably 15 minutes.
kgn is offline   Reply With Quote