Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-01-2018, 03:54 PM   #1
Zeo Player 22
Zeo Player 22 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Some perplexities about Clara HD

Good evening, everyone.
I'm new to the forum, and I browsed some fo your threads, so I hope you can help me.
Today I bought a Kobo Clara HD, thinking of it ass my primary comic reader.
First, a friend loaded on it some .cbz he had, and I was able to see covers in the preview.
Later, after a connection to Kobo desktop, the deviced updated to firmware 4.10.xxx (I don't remember the version) and since then, I can't view the covers of any cbz. It just uses the blank cover with title. Plus, I am unable to read any cbr/cbz self made (I have scans of my old comics, just compressed the folder and made the file, in rar and zip), answering there's a problem and the book can't be open... I don't know ho to handle this, can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance.
Zeo Player 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:15 PM   #2
ReaLx3m
Groupie
ReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One, Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeo Player 22 View Post
Good evening, everyone.
I'm new to the forum, and I browsed some fo your threads, so I hope you can help me.
Today I bought a Kobo Clara HD, thinking of it ass my primary comic reader.
First, a friend loaded on it some .cbz he had, and I was able to see covers in the preview.
Later, after a connection to Kobo desktop, the deviced updated to firmware 4.10.xxx (I don't remember the version) and since then, I can't view the covers of any cbz. It just uses the blank cover with title. Plus, I am unable to read any cbr/cbz self made (I have scans of my old comics, just compressed the folder and made the file, in rar and zip), answering there's a problem and the book can't be open... I don't know ho to handle this, can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance.
On my Original H20 comic files dont open when the images are inside a folder in the archive.As far as i understood your images are in a folder.
So try putting the images in the root of the archive, this works for me.
ReaLx3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 01:55 AM   #3
Zeo Player 22

That's really a good hint! I'll try and I'll post the result!
By any chance, is there a way to add the author's name to the cbz/cbr? I'd like to see the author below the comic name
Many thanks again, I know I'm a total newbie... ^^"
Old 10-02-2018, 02:00 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeo Player 22 View Post
That's really a good hint! I'll try and I'll post the result!
I checked the very few comics I have with me, and they are all working. And none had sub-folders. But, I remember some discussion about subfolders in comics.I thought it was a problem that had been solved some time ago.
Quote:
By any chance, is there a way to add the author's name to the cbz/cbr? I'd like to see the author below the comic name
If you are also a calibre user, then my Kobo Utilities plugin has a function to update the metadata on the device for any type of book.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 02:46 AM   #5
Zeo Player 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If you are also a calibre user, then my Kobo Utilities plugin has a function to update the metadata on the device for any type of book.
Yep, I use Calibre to keep my ebooks in order, I didn't know it worked for cbz/cbr too!
Old 10-02-2018, 11:19 PM   #6
Zeo Player 22

Guys, it worked! The problem was in the presence of a subfolder, as you said! I'll now proceed to verify if Calibre allows me to edit metadata in order to add the author!
Thanks, you did great! ^_^
Old 10-03-2018, 06:36 AM   #7
ReaLx3m
Groupie
ReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One, Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro
As an alternative to the metadata editing(never got it tried) im naming the cbz/cbr files with the number of the issue in front(so theyre ordered correctly) and then just assigning them to a shelf with the name of the comic book series.Something like this:
001 - Безимена жртва.cbz

Cool that you got comics working for you , glad to help.
ReaLx3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 06:49 AM   #8
stiivo
Enthusiast
stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.

Wink

Dont know if this helps, but if you are going to use your Clara for reading comics and/or manga (cbr/cbz formats) give this a try https://kcc.iosphe.re/

You can convert the cbz to use up the whole device page (Use Glo hd preset as they have the same screen size)
stiivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 06:49 AM   #9
stiivo
Enthusiast
stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.

@Zeo Player 22 ll try upload a picture of the result later if you want...
stiivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:59 AM   #10
Zeo Player 22

@ReaLx3m: thanks, you really gave me a hand! ;D

@stiivo: it seems quite interesting! I'll give it a try for sure!
Old 10-19-2018, 12:56 PM   #11
Zeo Player 22

sorry for the late answer, I've been quite busy with my job... that KCC is surely amazing, I tried it converting something for my Cybook Opus and the result is really something nice! It reminds me of the PDFs (with all these limits, but nice)!