Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-13-2019, 01:38 PM   #1276
tesseractcat
Enthusiast
tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Dual mobi should never be combined. The one you don't use can be removed. They already share images so this typically is not duplicated unless they are larger than Mobi can handle.
Sorry, I meant is it possible to combine separate output files into one larger file.
tesseractcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 01:24 PM   #1277
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseractcat View Post
Sorry, I meant is it possible to combine separate output files into one larger file.
Not directly, you could convert it to an ePub and combine the files then convert it to mobi. But even here it is not a slam dunk. You need to transfer individual files, adjust the CSS and make a new TOC using a ePub editing tool.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 08:40 AM   #1278
sprite7
sprite7 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sprite7 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sprite7 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sprite7 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sprite7 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sprite7 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sprite7 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sprite7 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sprite7 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sprite7 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sprite7 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Is it possible to add alternative 4 panel view? Right-top, right-bottom, left-top, left-bottom. For 4-panel manga (4koma), like this.

update: I found a solution, need to modify 1 line in comic2ebook.py
Code:
                    #order = [2, 1, 4, 3]
                    order = [3, 1, 4, 2]

Last edited by sprite7; 09-07-2019 at 01:16 PM.
sprite7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:28 AM   #1279
Amon_Re
Zealot
Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Poketbook Inkpad 3 & Boyue Likebook Minas
I've been testing some things with kcc 5.5.1 in order to prepare my comics/manga's for my new reader (Boyue Likebook Mimas) and I noticed that if you use .cbz output the image resolution differs from the resolution specified.

Command used:
kcc-c2e --customwidth=1404 --customheight=1872 --hq --upscale --cropping=0 --forcepng --splitter=2 --manga-style --format=CBZ --title "test" test/ --output=test.cbz

Input resolution was 1640x2460
Output resolution was: 2106x2808

I was expecting 1404x1872

Is this a bug?
Amon_Re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 06:02 PM   #1280
JAIvY
JAIvY began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 3 (7th Generation)
@AcidWeb Hi again, was just hoping to get an update on when the CLI change was going to be pushed? I see you've made the changes in the dev branch on GitHub, but would be super useful to be able to install it using the pip installer.

Edit: Nevermind, I have got the dev github files to work and everything works perfectly now! It syncs to the Amazon archive and is able to be removed and re-downloaded at pleasure. Thanks for the help and advice

Last edited by JAIvY; 09-12-2019 at 08:05 PM.
JAIvY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 12:07 PM   #1281
Ico
Enthusiast
Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW4
I posted on the Kindle forum, sadly no one answered I'm trying here as it is a more this type of question oriented thread

Does anyone know how to flip a mobi comic to landscape?
I'm using the excellent KCC and it convertes manga to kindle format beautifully, sadly there are handful of comics that have speech bubbles that I can read comfortably or even at all.
Does anyone know a way or is using one currently themselves?
So far I could try converting CBR to pdf but then the functionality of KCC the auto fit to width is lost and the white margins are kind of in the way.
Any help is welcome.
Thanks.
Ico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 05:05 AM   #1282
abmulhim
abmulhim began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by radius View Post
I was wondering if there is a way to tell KCC where to find kindlegen?

I am on a Mac, and tried to create .mobi version for the first time. I have kindlegen installed and in my path, but when I attempt to do the conversion, I get the following message:

Cannot find KindleGen! MOBI conversion is unavailable!
Install it using Brew.

My problem is I am already using MacPorts and don't want to install Brew along side. I have kindlegen downloaded straight from Amazon instead.

I should note that the path I am talking about is from my .profile (ie: read by the shell) and not ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist. I am launching KCC by doing:

open XXX.cbz

Any workaround I can do? Thanks!

How did you solve this issue? I am a basic user. Appreciate if you can explain how to fix it.
abmulhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:00 PM   #1283
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Quote:
Originally Posted by abmulhim View Post
How did you solve this issue? I am a basic user. Appreciate if you can explain how to fix it.
AcidWeb's post immediately after mine tells you what to do. If that isn't enough detail, let me know and i will see what I can write up for you when i am on a machine with full size keyboard and screenshots.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 09:05 PM   #1284
JAIvY
JAIvY began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 3 (7th Generation)
CLI Version of KCC

Edit: So following this I seem to have fixed my problem. My misunderstanding was that both the file name and the file directory was required to run the process. However, it seems to be either depending on the type of conversion that's required. The fixed code that work is as follows.
[CODE]python kcc-c2e.py -m --upscale profile=KPW --splitter=1 --format=MOBI "img_store/Boku no Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia 243 Chapter 243.cbz"
[\CODE]

Hi, I have a problem occurring in the CLI version of KCC. Essentially, I am unable to consistently run the program and make a file conversion. I run into a lot of
Code:
UserWarning: Failed to open source file/directory.
However, if I run the exact same command line again, it works, except after the conversion is finished, it tries to run again and gives another Failed to open source file/directory error. This doesn't stop the conversion of the file but is strange as I'm only entering one file path at a time. I am unsure about this problem as I would expect the command line to either work or not work, not sometimes work??

The command line I am entering is as follows:
Code:
python kcc-c2e.py -m --upscale --profile=KPW --splitter=1 --format=MOBI "Boku no Hero Academia 243 Chapter 243.cbz" / "img_
store/Boku no Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia 243 Chapter 243.cbz"
Where I'm using a relative path, but I have had success entering a full absolute path but I'm required to enter the absolute path for both the filename and the file directory and this exhibits the same problems as previously mentioned. Any help would be much appreciated!

Here is some of the output from the terminal to show the problem a bit better, this just running the command code twice in a row.
Code:
python kcc-c2e.py -m --upscale --profile=KPW --splitter=1 --format=MOBI "img_store/Boku no Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Acade
mia 243 Chapter 243.cbz" / "img_store/Boku no Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia 243 Chapter 243.cbz"
comic2ebook v5.5.1 - Written by Ciro Mattia Gonano and Pawel Jastrzebski.
Working on ...
Preparing source images...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "kcc-c2e.py", line 32, in <module>
    startC2E()
  File "C:\Users\PATHHERE\kindlecomicconverter\startup.py", line 49, in startC2E
    sys.exit(main(sys.argv[1:]))
  File "C:\Users\PATHHERE\kindlecomicconverter\comic2ebook.py", line 74, in main
    makeBook(source)
  File "C:\Users\PATHHERE\kindlecomicconverter\comic2ebook.py", line 1076, in makeBook
    path = getWorkFolder(source)
  File "C:\PATHHERE\kindlecomicconverter\comic2ebook.py", line 605, in getWorkFolder
    raise UserWarning("Failed to open source file/directory.")

python kcc-c2e.py -m --upscale --profile=KPW --splitter=1 --format=MOBI "img_store/Boku no Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Acade
mia 243 Chapter 243.cbz" / "img_store/Boku no Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia 243 Chapter 243.cbz"
comic2ebook v5.5.1 - Written by Ciro Mattia Gonano and Pawel Jastrzebski.
Working on img_store/Boku no Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia 243 Chapter 243.cbz...
Checking images...
Processing images...
Creating EPUB file...
Creating MOBI files...
Working on ...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "kcc-c2e.py", line 32, in <module>
    startC2E()
  File "C:\Users\PATHHERE\kindlecomicconverter\startup.py", line 49, in startC2E
    sys.exit(main(sys.argv[1:]))
  File "C:\Users\PATHHERE\kindlecomicconverter\comic2ebook.py", line 74, in main
    makeBook(source)                                                                                       
  File "C:\Users\PATHHERE\kindlecomicconverter\comic2ebook.py", line 1076, in makeBook
    path = getWorkFolder(source)                                                                         
  File "C:\Users\PATHHERE\kindlecomicconverter\comic2ebook.py", line 605, in getWorkFolder
    raise UserWarning("Failed to open source file/directory.")                             

Last edited by JAIvY; 10-15-2019 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Solved problem and updated question with my solution
JAIvY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:02 AM   #1285
Cm0k
Cm0k began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Osis
At website i can see button download for Linux package (*.deb). But it doesn't work. there's no link. Is not Linux supported anymore?

I found old KCC 5.4.4 for linux. But it doesn't work with *.cbr format. I have installed unrar tool. But i just can't add CBR files to conversion project.

I tried to install console version and run it with python. It was installed. But there's no any clue how to execute it.

it looks like i'm doing something wrong...
Cm0k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 02:52 AM   #1286
ultras83
ultras83 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
KCC can't find Kindlegen (MAC)

hi ! is there a tutorial about how to make KCC work on MAC?

i already install KCC and kindle gen but seem not working..

cannot find kindle gen mobi conversion will be unavailable..

There is any guide or step by step tutorial?

Thanks
ultras83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 02:46 PM   #1287
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultras83 View Post
hi ! is there a tutorial about how to make KCC work on MAC?

i already install KCC and kindle gen but seem not working..

cannot find kindle gen mobi conversion will be unavailable..

There is any guide or step by step tutorial?

Thanks
Have you looked at the KCC wiki? https://github.com/ciromattia/kcc/wiki. Check FAQ.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 06:16 AM   #1288
comic lover
comic lover began at the beginning.

Device: none
ı cant read the black speech ballons in comics . should ı do when ı am converting?
comic lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 12:36 AM   #1289
zberg
zberg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
'Source directory is empty'

I am running into the error message 'Source directory is empty.' even when I am directly selecting the cbz files manually with the 'Add file' button. It begins with 'Creating EPUB files' then immediately goes to that error message. I used the other program to try to make a zip or individual images I still run into that same 'Source directory is empty.'

Is there a simple thing I am missing?

Thanks
zberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 11:44 AM   #1290
alvaroalvixx
alvaroalvixx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 4
Question HELP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerraFern View Post
Hi Guys

I have used this amazing software around 1 year ago in my old laptop and everything went great there.

I've installed on my desktop now and if i try convert a .cbr i receive this following error.

https://ibb.co/cw99qSy

When i try PDF the process get stuck on "processing mobi files" forever. Abort btn doesn't work too and the only way to close then is through Task Manager.

https://ibb.co/XsX2Lbd

Have any way to fix this? I missing a lot KCC

Thank you guys
I have the same problem here, HELP GUYS please
alvaroalvixx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools