Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 09-07-2018, 10:53 PM   #1
chicleeblair
Connoisseur
chicleeblair began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
Calibre Companion to Marvin via Cloud Picker?

Hi all!

So, I definitely picked the wrong time to start using Marvin as a Calibre/CC user, but I’m still doing my best to switch from iBooks, starting with my fanfic collection. As of now, I’m getting all my books onto Marvin via dropbox and then overwriting with new versions from CC whenever something updates.
However, Marvin does give you the option to connect to CC whenever you choose to get books from “cloud picker.” However, anytime I select CC I get an error saying Marvin could not “communicate with a helper app.” Does anyone know what it’s talking about/how to work around this?
chicleeblair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 07:48 PM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Hum, generally you sync with Calibre via CC, then select read in CC and send it to Marvin. I don't think you can do it in the other direction.

If you are syncing in Marvin to Calibre, then you don't need CC.

I'm not completely sure what you are trying to accomplish. I sync CC with Calibre and keep all my books in CC. I only copy books I'm in the process of reading or books to be read books to Marvin. Once I've read it, I delete it from Marvin, but not CC. It's marked as read in CC as soon as I select the read button and send it to Marvin.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:59 AM   #3
chicleeblair
Connoisseur
chicleeblair began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
I know what is normally done, but the option to use CC is listed within Marvin alongside icloud drive, on my ipad, and dropbox. If I could add new books without having to change apps.

I used dropbox originally because CC wasn't working and I wanted all my files on my ereader. It works now, but i was mostly wondering what the error came from
chicleeblair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:09 AM   #4
jgt1942
Connoisseur
jgt1942 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post

If you are syncing in Marvin to Calibre, then you don't need CC.
How do I sync from Calibre to Marvin? I only "some" books I have in Calibre (Windows PC) to appear in Marvin on my wife's iPad
jgt1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:45 AM   #5
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgt1942 View Post
How do I sync from Calibre to Marvin? I only "some" books I have in Calibre (Windows PC) to appear in Marvin on my wife's iPad
It's not really sync, it's download from a content server. The sync is one way only. I can't remember off the top of my head what you have to do to get categories and all. It's been a pretty long time since I used that combination. I've been using CC since it came to the iPad a few years ago.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote