Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2020, 10:36 AM   #31
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Kovid
Is there any way Get Plugins (V5.x) could be updated to detect that the offered PI are PY3 compatible.
Currently, it checks your installed version for: Minimum Version of Calibre and OS.

(I assume this might need some sort tool that scans the PI released for a tell-tale rather than be driven from a list like BR has made, to avoid errors)
Old 09-16-2020, 11:03 AM   #32
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
While it is certainly possible to detect non-py3 plugins doing so robustly is not easy and doesnt seem worth the work for a one time thing.
Advert
Old 09-16-2020, 11:24 AM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What I think is going to be a big issue is with upgrades where not all the installed plugins have been updated and Calibre doesn't work. The DeDRM plugin is probably going to be one culprit and more obscure, less popular plugins will be the other.
Old 09-16-2020, 01:40 PM   #34
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
A similar thing happened in the change from Qt4 to Qt5. It'll work out. The sun will rise and ebooks will continue to be diddled, curated, and read by calibre users.
Old 09-16-2020, 04:45 PM   #35
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
A similar thing happened in the change from Qt4 to Qt5. It'll work out. The sun will rise and ebooks will continue to be diddled, curated, and read by calibre users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What I think is going to be a big issue is with upgrades where not all the installed plugins have been updated and Calibre doesn't work. The DeDRM plugin is probably going to be one culprit and more obscure, less popular plugins will be the other.
As suggested one of the mods who uses Alf's plugin (I don't use it, so it won't be me) should post a sticky when V5 is released, referring them to Alf's site for his plugin, and to the plugin index for the rest.

BR
Advert
Old 09-18-2020, 06:00 PM   #36
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have PM'd the developers of Hyphenate This! and Kindle Hi-Res covers, the Cleaning Comments and GetFileName plugin developer has already responded in this thread.

Unsurprisingly most of the plugins nominated are 'Kiwidude' plugins.

GUI Plugins
Modify ePub
Resize Cover
Search The Internet

Metadata Source Plugins:
Fantastic Fiction
Fantastic Fiction Adults
FictionDB
Goodreads

Any volunteers around, you'd be doing it for Kovid, not me

BR
Old 09-18-2020, 08:44 PM   #37
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
When Calibre 5 comes out, would it be a good idea to remove the plugins that haven't been upgraded before updating?
Old 09-18-2020, 10:51 PM   #38
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

Resize Cover

I posted a beta of this earlier in the year that is Python 3 compatible.
Quote:
Search The Internet
I have already stated in this thread that this was updated earlier this month.
Quote:
Metadata Source Plugins:
Fantastic Fiction
Fantastic Fiction Adults
FictionDB
Goodreads
And that the first two were in my "forgot I hadn't released" list along with others. Which just happens to include the other two. And I'll add Resize Cover.

And this just shows one of the reasons why I don't like these lists.
Old 09-19-2020, 02:44 AM   #39
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I posted a beta of this earlier in the year that is Python 3 compatible.

I have already stated in this thread that this was updated earlier this month.

And that the first two were in my "forgot I hadn't released" list along with others. Which just happens to include the other two. And I'll add Resize Cover.

And this just shows one of the reasons why I don't like these lists.
When I look in the Goodreads Change log I see

Quote:
Version 1.4.0 - 20 Dec 2018 - made by davidfor

Fix: Site change for rating.
Fix: Add extra attempt to convert language name to code.

Version 1.3.0 - 10 Nov 2018 - made by davidfor

New: Add get_book_url for pasting URL and getting an identifier
Change: Generate HTTPS URL for identifier.
No mention of updates to Py3. Ditto the others.

If there are beta's and you are happy to release them get a moderator to update the first post and delete the betas. JimmXinu does it with a post in the PI thread with a note of what to put in the change log, when a mod sees the post they action it, including updating lists.

Once again the lists are not intended to be of particular use to PI developers.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-19-2020 at 02:47 AM.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:09 AM   #40
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
When I look in the Goodreads Change log I see

No mention of updates to Py3. Ditto the others.

If there are beta's and you are happy to release them get a moderator to update the first post and delete the betas. JimmXinu does it with a post in the PI thread with a note of what to put in the change log, when a mod sees the post they action it, including updating lists.

Once again the lists are not intended to be of particular use to PI developers.
I didn't say that any of those plugins had been updated. I actually stated that it hadn't been:

Quote:
There is possibly a beta of each of those in their threads. I did post a beta for Goodreads in January. But, I haven't released it because I got absolutely no feedback on it. And nothing reminded me until know that I hadn't released it.
Old 09-19-2020, 09:04 AM   #41
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus68 View Post
Plugins I need to be Version 5 compliant:

FictionDB
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Me, too.
I take it that FictionDB is working in the version of calibre you are using. Which version of calibre and the plugin are you using?
Old 09-21-2020, 12:19 AM   #42
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
I have PM'd the developers of Hyphenate This! and Kindle Hi-Res covers, the Cleaning Comments and GetFileName plugin developer has already responded in this thread.

Unsurprisingly most of the plugins nominated are 'Kiwidude' plugins.

GUI Plugins
Modify ePub
Resize Cover
Search The Internet

Any volunteers around, you'd be doing it for Kovid, not me

BR
If anyone picks up the "Search The Internet" there is a small buglet in the "search ISFDB for author" option. It does not put the full stops (period) after the initials in the author's name.

If I had the requisite skills I pitch in, but my knowledge of coding is restricted to various versions of basic and my interest in learning new coding languages has waned over the years.
Old 09-21-2020, 04:45 AM   #43
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thasaidon View Post
If anyone picks up the "Search The Internet" there is a small buglet in the "search ISFDB for author" option. It does not put the full stops (period) after the initials in the author's name.

If I had the requisite skills I pitch in, but my knowledge of coding is restricted to various versions of basic and my interest in learning new coding languages has waned over the years.
As already stated, Search The Internet has already been updated and released.

If there is a bug in any plugin, the best place to report it is the thread for it. If you post some details that I can use to reproduce it, I'll have a look at it.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:12 AM   #44
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As already stated, Search The Internet has already been updated and released.
Oops sorry I missed that.
Old 09-25-2020, 11:59 AM   #45
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
According to the Hyphenate This! plugin thread, it's not yet converted to Python 3. Using the Add soft hyphens feature of Polish does not work for me. So please revert it to not converted. Thanks.
Closed Thread