Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #16
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneorotar View Post
So I saw this post and the attractive games and wanted to have a try. Since the only Kindle I have is a K3, I decided to play the games on it.
- - - - -
As the command to access certain URL with the built-in browser is currently unavailable, the best I can do to minimized the inconvenience is by putting a index.html file, which contains links to the game folders, in the webroot .
Which may not be all that bad for a general solution.

It gives you the ability to organize your game collection as you see fit with only the small bit of extra work in writing the index page.

The built-in browser is based on webkit, but a highly modified version. Otherwise, a bookmark collection would probably do the trick (or, adding back in the: file:/// protocol).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #17
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Then in this case the only benefit that SkipStone Browser has is being capable of launching a webpage from a shell command.
I'm feeling like I'm stealing your time (as you only have K3), but it's possible for stock browser too, with the following shell command:
Code:
lipc-set-prop -s com.lab126.appmgrd start app://com.lab126.browser?view=file:///mnt/us/game/index.html
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #18
kaneorotar
Enthusiast
kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: K3, KW3, PW4
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
I'm feeling like I'm stealing your time (as you only have K3), but it's possible for stock browser too, with the following shell command:
Code:
lipc-set-prop -s com.lab126.appmgrd start app://com.lab126.browser?view=file:///mnt/us/game/index.html
Great! So that's the command. I've seen it on an IRC log but didn't take the time to examine the context.
So, in conclusion, with a little modification to the run.sh in each of the game folders, it should be possible to launch the game with only GUI launcher and the stock browser. full stop
kaneorotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:18 AM   #19
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Great! So that's the command. I've seen it on an IRC log but didn't take the time to examine the context.
So, in conclusion, with a little modification to the run.sh in each of the game folders, it should be possible to launch the game with only GUI launcher and the stock browser. full stop
It should be possible even without GUI launcher. If game's html file is located at extensions/game/index.html (relative to root of USB-disk), just enter file:///mnt/us/extensions/game/index.html into address field of stock browser and load it. Then bookmark it
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:17 PM   #20
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
[root@kindle root]# lipc-set-prop -s com.lab126.appmgrd start app://com.lab126.browser?view=file:///mnt/us/game/index.html
com.lab126.appmgrd failed to set value for property start (0x3 lipcErrNoSuchSource)

on a 3. no such luck old bean
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #21
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@twobob: Yep, no appmgrd on the 3 .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #22
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@twobob: Yep, no appmgrd on the 3 .
I really did have a good hunt around . far as I can tell some sort of param sent to cmd that in turn tells browserd to open. but that is a guess based on elevating the cvm logs to all

Honestly can't find an easier way than my current one.

which I do with a single SHIFT B B (or whatever) via launchpad.
it would be trivial to insert the required URI via say insertKeystrokes after the initial load surely?

Sure, an inserted keystrokes solution is crappy but meh. whatever works.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #23
twobob

Quote:
meh. I'll try to post a complete programmed Keystroke based solution

if you post me something to play with!

Best offer. : D
Old 11-23-2012, 05:29 AM   #24
wuschel83
wuschel83 began at the beginning.

Unhappy

hello,

thanks for the great work. i have a prob with frecell. if i press the help button, i cannot go back and it hangs!
only a restart with holding the power button can resolve the problem. maybee a bug?
wuschel83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:03 AM   #25
Lydovig
Zealot
Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuschel83 View Post
hello,

thanks for the great work. i have a prob with frecell. if i press the help button, i cannot go back and it hangs!
only a restart with holding the power button can resolve the problem. maybee a bug?
I found a very simple solution: Use a text editor and delete the text from a file using html. The program does not freeze, just "OK" does not fit on the screen.
Lydovig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:31 AM   #26
Bagerfahrer
Connoisseur
Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
How can i unrar the rar files in xterm without to connect to the pc?
Bagerfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:27 AM   #27
twobob

apt-get install unrar for debian

or http://www.rarlab.com/rar/unrar-3.9.9-arm.gz

in essence rar is not natively handled.
good luck
Old 11-24-2012, 08:28 AM   #28
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
This could be useful!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #29
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
This could be useful!
or that
Old 11-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #30
Bagerfahrer
Connoisseur
Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
apt-get install unrar for debian

or http://www.rarlab.com/rar/unrar-3.9.9-arm.gz

in essence rar is not natively handled.
good luck
Hey,

thanks for your interesting tip.
But I would not answer if there is no problem.
I download the unrar-3.9.9-arm.gz file and ungz it with gunzip. That what i get was only a unrar-3.9.9-arm file
without a format.
Maybe i have to move the file or use a command?

And this with the deb file... i did not find the solution fom the link what silver18 posted to extract the tar.gz from the .deb file.
I know the command is named by ar but do not know how to add this in xterm.

Best regards
Bagerfahrer

Last edited by Bagerfahrer; 11-24-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Bagerfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher add-ons