Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-25-2020, 02:44 PM   #1861
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAC70 View Post
Mine doesn't, unless I've done something wrong. The KoboTouchExtended plugin seems to be exporting kepub.epub files as ordered, but a freeze and reboot always takes me back to where I started, not where it froze.
That sounds like a database issue or SD card corruption.

Easiest fix for database corruption is signing out and back in to your kobo. It should then recreate the database.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 06:40 PM   #1862
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Deleted. [Unintentional duplicate]

Last edited by Skydog; 08-25-2020 at 06:47 PM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 06:41 PM   #1863
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2read View Post
I would like the ability to bold side loaded fonts. For example the stock font Georgia has an Advanced feature. This is what I would like to see added for the side loaded fonts.
Bold side-loaded fonts???

Do you mean increase the font weight? This (Advanced) is already available with a patch.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 07:16 AM   #1864
ecognito
ecognito began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Double-click the power button to turn the back-light on dimly (e.g., 2%) if it is off.

I normally read with a lamp on, and so don't use the back-lighting on my Libra. However if I wake up in the middle of the night and want to read, I don't want to turn the lamp on and disturb my partner.

It is almost impossible to try to turn the back-lighting on in the dark via the touch screen. If you could double-click or otherwise manipulation the physical power button to jog the back-light up to 1 or 2%, that is enough for you to see the touch screen well enough to take it from there.
ecognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 04:36 PM   #1865
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I would really appreciate a full screen refresh when first opening a book and waking up -- with the default setting of refresh once per chapter, it can be a while before the ghosting from the cover image goes away.

EDIT: I know how to force a refresh by opening the menus, but shouldn't have to do it manually.
twowheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 02:22 PM   #1866
JAC70
JAC70 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
That sounds like a database issue or SD card corruption.

Easiest fix for database corruption is signing out and back in to your kobo. It should then recreate the database.
Did that, but it still loses kepub page number after a freeze. Double-checked database, and it's ok.
JAC70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 12:05 PM   #1867
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
An odd request, but I'd like to see a way to adjust the screen color (blue light to orange light) with a minimum/maximum auto setting. For some reason, the "pure blue" lighting hurts my eyes, and I end up having to turn the Auto setting off, adjust the amount of orange, and then go back in the evening and reset it to Auto.

Also, I'd like to see a way to move books from one collection to another: [Select Book] [Move to]

Last edited by gtriever; 10-02-2020 at 12:11 PM.
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 07:45 PM   #1868
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtriever View Post
Also, I'd like to see a way to move books from one collection to another: [Select Book] [Move to]
Collections don't work like that. They're not actual entities or locations, just tags that get added to books. Your request amounts to saying "move this book out of Fiction and into Mystery."

Just select the book, tag it out of one collection (if you wish) and tag it into another.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 08:59 AM   #1869
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I wish the Kobo was more like the Kindle.

GOTHCHA! Just wanted to wake this morning's sleepy (or grumpy) heads.

Seriously: I wish my two Kobo readers had a sort of deactive screen touch, so I could hold my readers in any fashion that I wanted to. A button could be used to turn this feature on or off. On any Kobo without a button, perhaps some 'unobtrusive' area of the screen could be designated a 'hot spot' to enable the turning on-or-off of such a feature.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 12:45 PM   #1870
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I wish the Kobo was more like the Kindle.

GOTHCHA! Just wanted to wake this morning's sleepy (or grumpy) heads.

Seriously: I wish my two Kobo readers had a sort of deactive screen touch, so I could hold my readers in any fashion that I wanted to. A button could be used to turn this feature on or off. On any Kobo without a button, perhaps some 'unobtrusive' area of the screen could be designated a 'hot spot' to enable the turning on-or-off of such a feature.
What? And give up all those features that I like on my Kobo?

Yes, there are features from both that I would like to see in a single device. The chances of that are somewhere between slim and none.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 08:52 PM   #1871
Futuregrace
Zealot
Futuregrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, iPad Pro 11, Voyage
"On any Kobo without a button (including the Kobo App on iPad), perhaps some 'unobtrusive' area of the screen could be designated a 'hot spot' to enable the turning on-or-off of such a feature."

This exactly what I've wanted to see on any buttonless device or app!
Futuregrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 06:33 AM   #1872
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuregrace View Post
"On any Kobo without a button (including the Kobo App on iPad), perhaps some 'unobtrusive' area of the screen could be designated a 'hot spot' to enable the turning on-or-off of such a feature."

This exactly what I've wanted to see on any buttonless device or app!
Or they could use the power button (double tap). Or tap and hold on the screen for X seconds. Or a gesture. ...
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 07:22 AM   #1873
Futuregrace
Zealot
Futuregrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, iPad Pro 11, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Or they could use the power button (double tap). Or tap and hold on the screen for X seconds. Or a gesture. ...
The point is you've got to turn pages still and have no buttons.
Futuregrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 06:44 PM   #1874
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuregrace View Post
The point is you've got to turn pages still and have no buttons.
Sorry, I misread the original post. I don't see the point of disabling a Kobo's touch screen if there is no other way to pages (no page turn buttons); I'm confused.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 07:59 PM   #1875
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Sorry, I misread the original post. I don't see the point of disabling a Kobo's touch screen if there is no other way to pages (no page turn buttons); I'm confused.
I think Dr Drib wants to be able to quickly and easily disable and enable the screen and is willing to re-enable when he is ready to turn a page.

I have seen requests to disable taps while leaving swipe enabled, which is another possibility for avoiding accidental page turns.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo