Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-21-2018, 09:53 AM   #1
kazekiki
kazekiki began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Remove DRM from Azw4 is very slow

Recently I take long time to remove DRm from Azw4 file when adding it (I use DeDrm plugin) , it got likely half an hour for a 100mb file, while adding non-DRM azw4 file still fast as normal? so what can I do to fasten the process of remove DRM of azw4?
kazekiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:06 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Check whether the decoding is being done by python native code, and if it is, re-write it as in C code and compile it into a library to be called from the python scripts.

Or just live with it. How many 100MB AZW4s do you have to decrypt, after all? It's a one-time hit.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2018, 10:17 AM   #3
kazekiki
kazekiki began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Check whether the decoding is being done by python native code, and if it is, re-write it as in C code and compile it into a library to be called from the python scripts.

Or just live with it. How many 100MB AZW4s do you have to decrypt, after all? It's a one-time hit.
I'm not a coder so I can't rewrite it, I got many azw4s with size >100mb need descrypt, it take so long that why I post to find a solution. last year everything still ok, remove drm still fast, maybe amazon have change their azw4 structure so thr process of decoing geting so slow like that!
kazekiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:14 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazekiki View Post
I'm not a coder so I can't rewrite it, I got many azw4s with size >100mb need descrypt, it take so long that why I post to find a solution. last year everything still ok, remove drm still fast, maybe amazon have change their azw4 structure so thr process of decoing geting so slow like that!
Might find better info if you asked on the site where you obtained the plugin.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 01:17 PM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Might find better info if you asked on the site where you obtained the plugin.
What I should have said! Thanks.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert