Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-18-2018, 04:02 PM   #421
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimelespatates View Post
Yeah, it used to react to it and reboot, altough sometimes it would crash during reboot and necessitate another reboot, but now it doesn't even react to that or anything else.
From this comment, it looks like it is something hardware, that slowly gets worse and worse (sometimes hardware slowly fails, sometimes fails completely).
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 05:26 PM   #422
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post
2 questions:
Thank you for trying. I uploaded a new archive to the original post, and added an explanation.

As for the windows stuff please see the text in the spoiler of this post.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2018, 03:59 AM   #423
CH23
Bottom Text
CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Thank you for trying. I uploaded a new archive to the original post, and added an explanation.

As for the windows stuff please see the text in the spoiler of this post.
I censored my MAC addresses (apart from the last 2 characters), didn' t change anything else in the log:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

useDropbear=${useDropbear:-"false"}
+ useDropbear=false

if [ -x ${vlasovsoftbasedir}/dropbear/dropbear ]; then
  vlasovsoft_dropbear=${vlasovsoftbasedir}/dropbear
elif [ -x ${vlasovsoftbasedir}/usbnet/dropbear ]; then
  vlasovsoft_dropbear=${vlasovsoftbasedir}/usbnet
fi
+ [ -x /mnt/onboard/.adds/vlasovsoft/dropbear/dropbear ]
+ vlasovsoft_dropbear=/mnt/onboard/.adds/vlasovsoft/dropbear

mode="up"
+ mode=up
if [ -f /var/run/dropbear.pid ] && [ "$useDropbear" == "true" ] && [ -d "$vlasovsoft_dropbear" ]; then
  kill `cat /var/run/dropbear.pid`
  mode="down"
fi
+ [ -f /var/run/dropbear.pid ]

if ifconfig | grep -q usb0; then
  ifconfig usb0 down
  rmmod g_ether
  if [ $CPU == mx6sll ] || [ $CPU == mx6ull ]; then
    rmmod usb_f_rndis
    rmmod u_ether
    rmmod libcomposite
    rmmod configfs
  else
    rmmod arcotg_udc
  fi
  mode="down"
fi
+ grep -q usb0
+ ifconfig

[ "$mode" == "down" ] && exit
+ [ up == down ]

driver_root=/drivers/$PLATFORM/usb/gadget
+ driver_root=/drivers/mx6sll-ntx/usb/gadget

if [ ! -f /var/run/dropbear.pid ] && [ "$useDropbear" == "true" ] && [ -x "$vlasovsoft_dropbear/dropbear" ]; then
  [ ! -e /usr/libexec/sftp-server ] && (mkdir -p /usr/libexec; ln -sf $vlasovsoft_dropbear/sftp-server /usr/libexec/sftp-server)
  $vlasovsoft_dropbear/dropbear -E -r $vlasovsoft_dropbear/host.key.rsa -d $vlasovsoft_dropbear/host.key.dss > $vlasovsoft_dropbear/dropbear.log 2>&1
fi
+ [ ! -f /var/run/dropbear.pid ]
+ [ false == true ]

insmod $driver_root/configfs.ko
  insmod $driver_root/libcomposite.ko
  insmod $driver_root/u_ether.ko
  insmod $driver_root/usb_f_rndis.ko
else
  insmod $driver_root/arcotg_udc.ko
fi
+ [ mx6sll == mx6sll ]
+ insmod /drivers/mx6sll-ntx/usb/gadget/configfs.ko
+ insmod /drivers/mx6sll-ntx/usb/gadget/libcomposite.ko
+ insmod /drivers/mx6sll-ntx/usb/gadget/u_ether.ko
+ insmod /drivers/mx6sll-ntx/usb/gadget/usb_f_rndis.ko
insmod $driver_root/g_ether.ko host_addr=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:eb dev_addr=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:ec
+ insmod /drivers/mx6sll-ntx/usb/gadget/g_ether.ko host_addr=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:eb dev_addr=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:ec
insmod: can't insert '/drivers/mx6sll-ntx/usb/gadget/g_ether.ko': unknown symbol in module or invalid parameter
ifconfig usb0 192.168.2.101
+ ifconfig usb0 192.168.2.101
ifconfig: SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
g_ether.ko does exist in that location.

Last edited by CH23; 07-19-2018 at 04:09 AM.
CH23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:26 AM   #424
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Okay, so either we're missing another dependency (which shouldn't be the case, but you never know), or the syntax for the options has changed.

I'll check the latter.

EDIT: Doesn't look like anything should have changed...

I *think* dmesg might actually be more verbose and spit out the actual name of the first unknown symbol, which might be helpful if you can get to it .

NOTE: These MAC addresses aren't yours, we're the ones choosing them, so they won't tell anyone anything about your device .

EDIT²: Possibly needs a shot of usb_f_ecm and/or usb_f_eem around the same time as f_rndis...

EDIT³: @tshering: something like this, maybe :?

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-19-2018 at 11:59 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 02:09 PM   #425
CH23
Bottom Text
CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Okay, so either we're missing another dependency (which shouldn't be the case, but you never know), or the syntax for the options has changed.

I'll check the latter.

EDIT: Doesn't look like anything should have changed...

I *think* dmesg might actually be more verbose and spit out the actual name of the first unknown symbol, which might be helpful if you can get to it .

NOTE: These MAC addresses aren't yours, we're the ones choosing them, so they won't tell anyone anything about your device .

EDIT²: Possibly needs a shot of usb_f_ecm and/or usb_f_eem around the same time as f_rndis...

EDIT³: @tshering: something like this, maybe :?
I tried the 3rd edit:

IT WORKS!

now to figure out why i can't seem to SSH into the thing.

Here's a log file:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

useDropbear=${useDropbear:-"false"}
+ useDropbear=false

if [ -x ${vlasovsoftbasedir}/dropbear/dropbear ]; then
  vlasovsoft_dropbear=${vlasovsoftbasedir}/dropbear
elif [ -x ${vlasovsoftbasedir}/usbnet/dropbear ]; then
  vlasovsoft_dropbear=${vlasovsoftbasedir}/usbnet
fi
+ [ -x /mnt/onboard/.adds/vlasovsoft/dropbear/dropbear ]
+ vlasovsoft_dropbear=/mnt/onboard/.adds/vlasovsoft/dropbear

mode="up"
+ mode=up
if [ -f /var/run/dropbear.pid ] && [ "$useDropbear" == "true" ] && [ -d "$vlasovsoft_dropbear" ]; then
  kill `cat /var/run/dropbear.pid`
  mode="down"
fi
+ [ -f /var/run/dropbear.pid ]

if ifconfig | grep -q usb0; then
  ifconfig usb0 down
  rmmod g_ether
    rmmod usb_f_rndis
    rmmod usb_f_ecm_subset
    rmmod usb_f_eem
    rmmod usb_f_ecm
    rmmod u_ether
    rmmod libcomposite
    rmmod configfs
  else
    rmmod arcotg_udc
  fi
  mode="down"
fi
+ grep -q usb0
+ ifconfig

[ "$mode" == "down" ] && exit
+ [ up == down ]

driver_root=/drivers/$PLATFORM/usb/gadget
+ driver_root=/drivers/mx6sll-ntx/usb/gadget

if [ ! -f /var/run/dropbear.pid ] && [ "$useDropbear" == "true" ] && [ -x "$vlasovsoft_dropbear/dropbear" ]; then
  [ ! -e /usr/libexec/sftp-server ] && (mkdir -p /usr/libexec; ln -sf $vlasovsoft_dropbear/sftp-server /usr/libexec/sftp-server)
  $vlasovsoft_dropbear/dropbear -E -r $vlasovsoft_dropbear/host.key.rsa -d $vlasovsoft_dropbear/host.key.dss > $vlasovsoft_dropbear/dropbear.log 2>&1
fi
+ [ ! -f /var/run/dropbear.pid ]
+ [ false == true ]

insmod $driver_root/configfs.ko
  insmod $driver_root/libcomposite.ko
  insmod $driver_root/u_ether.ko
  insmod $driver_root/usb_f_ecm.ko
  insmod $driver_root/usb_f_eem.ko
  insmod $driver_root/usb_f_ecm_subset.ko
  insmod $driver_root/usb_f_rndis.ko
  insmod $driver_root/g_ether.ko use_eem=0 host_addr=46:0d:9e:67:69:eb dev_addr=46:0d:9e:67:69:ec
else
  insmod $driver_root/arcotg_udc.ko
  insmod $driver_root/g_ether.ko host_addr=46:0d:9e:67:69:eb dev_addr=46:0d:9e:67:69:ec
fi
+ [ mx6sll == mx6sll ]
+ insmod /drivers/mx6sll-ntx/usb/gadget/configfs.ko
+ insmod /drivers/mx6sll-ntx/usb/gadget/libcomposite.ko
+ insmod /drivers/mx6sll-ntx/usb/gadget/u_ether.ko
+ insmod /drivers/mx6sll-ntx/usb/gadget/usb_f_ecm.ko
+ insmod /drivers/mx6sll-ntx/usb/gadget/usb_f_eem.ko
+ insmod /drivers/mx6sll-ntx/usb/gadget/usb_f_ecm_subset.ko
+ insmod /drivers/mx6sll-ntx/usb/gadget/usb_f_rndis.ko
+ insmod /drivers/mx6sll-ntx/usb/gadget/g_ether.ko use_eem=0 host_addr=46:0d:9e:67:69:eb dev_addr=46:0d:9e:67:69:ec
ifconfig usb0 192.168.2.101
+ ifconfig usb0 192.168.2.101

Last edited by CH23; 07-19-2018 at 02:32 PM.
Advert
Old 07-19-2018, 02:32 PM   #426
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@CH23: Note that that was my own script, so the caveats from #395 still apply .

I can tweak @tshering's latest version if he's busy, though, or you can do that yourself, the diff should be fairly obvious and portable to KSM's version of the script .
Old 07-19-2018, 03:01 PM   #427
CH23
Bottom Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@CH23: Note that that was my own script, so the caveats from #395 still apply .

I can tweak @tshering's latest version if he's busy, though, or you can do that yourself, the diff should be fairly obvious and portable to KSM's version of the script .
i've 'reformed' your added lines to fit the last package tshering' uploaded.

And i've changed the ip address. also MAC address but this doesn't seem to do much.

Right now i have USBnet connection to the kobo, and via the web interface i ran ifconfig command, which gives me a different hardware address than I set using the USBnet script.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:37 PM   #428
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@CH23: Fantastic! Thanks for your tests .

FWIW, by default, the MAC you see in ifconfig (on the device's side) is the dev_addr bit of the g_ether arguments.

I have a K4 connected right now:
Code:
usb0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr EE:19:00:0E:10:CB
(Granted, that's far from the best example, since I have my USBNet script configured to generate a device-specific NIC to be able to plug multiple devices concurrently, so, the OUI (EE:19:00) matches the module arguments, but the NIC (0E:10:CB) is tweaked)).

You can tweak it after the fact w/
Code:
ifconfig usb0 hw ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
if you really want to, but it's basically only of interest if you need to plug multiple devices concurrently, otherwise, you're fine with the defaults.

On the computer's side, I'm seeing the host_addr, as expected:
Code:
ether ee:49:00:0e:10:cb  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
EDIT: In fact, it's the host_addr that needs to be tweaked to be able to plug multiple things concurrently, so, yeah, setting the MAC on the Kobo's side serves zero purpose.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-19-2018 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:48 PM   #429
jaimelespatates
jaimelespatates began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Quote:
From this comment, it looks like it is something hardware, that slowly gets worse and worse (sometimes hardware slowly fails, sometimes fails completely).
I doubt it, because it doesn't do any of this when KSM isn't installed.
jaimelespatates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 05:29 PM   #430
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@NiLuJe and @CH23, thank you for your work. I very much appreciate your help.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:49 PM   #431
CH23
Bottom Text

Quote:
@NiLuJe and @CH23, thank you for your work. I very much appreciate your help.
You're more than welcome.

KSM and KOReader are the only reasons I would use an e-reader, as for me these are what make it a good device.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:53 PM   #432
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post
You're more than welcome.

KSM and KOReader are the only reasons I would use an e-reader, as for me these are what make it a good device.
I wouldn't want to be without them nowadays.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 12:20 PM   #433
kodokusha
kodokusha began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Ok, I see. This is not the usb menu, but "wifi api scan.sh" in the usb menu. Please establish the initial connection to an unknown network with nickel. Once a network is known, you can connect with "wifi enable dhcp.sh".
emmmm,thanks for your help ,but why wifi ap scan in usb menu?And in fact, when i update firmware i can't link the any wifi in china.if you want know the reason. you can enter https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Firewall
kodokusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 03:06 PM   #434
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodokusha View Post
emmmm,thanks for your help ,but why wifi ap scan in usb menu?
EDIT: That was a mistake, I meant to say "wifi menu". I think you could have figured that out by yourself.

As for your problem with the great wall: The most recent firmware (4.9.11311/4.9.11314) has an option to keep wifi alive without checking with the kobo server. See this post.

Last edited by tshering; 07-21-2018 at 02:24 AM.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:56 PM   #435
jaimelespatates
jaimelespatates began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
If anyone is interested, I fixed the problem by factory resetting my device and installing KSM 8 and then koreader. The USB works perfectly and I have no trouble rebooting the device, so the problem really is something with the KSM 9 software, altough I have no idea what that could be. Thanks for everyone's time!
jaimelespatates is offline   Reply With Quote