Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #31
parthiv777
parthiv777 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle
check out http://parthiv777.wordpress.com/2012...a-online-tool/ , online tool where u can upload your boomarks data file so it will extract your highlights and make a ebook(.epub) for you to read back in iBooks
parthiv777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #32
bakura82
Zealot
bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Paperwhite
Ha! Thanks for all the tips folks. I long since sold my iPad. Today, I use an Asus Transformer and Moon Reader Pro is my app of choice. It allows the export of notes and it's probably the easiest and most robust app for note taking on Android (so far as I can see it).

Good luck to all the other Apple users!
bakura82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:30 AM   #33
mirceglavni
mirceglavni began at the beginning.

Device: iPAQ, Samsung Galaxy Tab, iPad 2
Old topic, but, there is a easy solution

I know it's an old topic, the OP has sold his ipaddle, but for anyone who is interrested: PDF Expert is the app that exports your highlights in a book (pdf only) to a pure text-file, which can be synced through iTunes back to your PC.

I use GoodReader as my primary pdf reading tool, and hightlight / annotate heavily. When I'm done with the book, I send it through the GoodReader file manager (Select the book, Open in..) to PDF Expert, where I save the annotations only in the txt file.

Have searched a couple of weeks to get to this, so I must agree with the OP about the fact that this (for me anyway) BASIC feature on Windows and Android is so rare in the ipad world. Don't you find occasionaly stuff in a book that you would like to remember and find noteworthy? Is it possible that only one person in the forum mentioned this before as someone in this thread mentioned?
mirceglavni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #34
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirceglavni View Post
Is it possible that only one person in the forum mentioned this before as someone in this thread mentioned?
The Kindle app does this, and a lot (if not most) of iPad users use that app, so it's not really an iPad issue.

But it also doesn't seem to be a particularly common need, either.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #35
taylan
taylan began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 3
A new app SolarisReader allows you to export all your annotations from ePub and PDF files to your email or Evernote.
taylan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annotations, export, highlight, ipad, notes