Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-04-2019, 10:20 AM   #1
gunilla
gunilla began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab S
Image errors

I have edited an epub-file in Sigil and then validated it in validator.idpf.org. Everything is okay besides the fact that all images give the following error:

./tmp/uploads/1556979114444_0000019038/inputFile/Natvark2.epub
File 'OEBPS/Images/1.jpg' could not be found.

All images is inported to the Sigil-Folder Images.

I have read some earlier threads in this forum about that issue but I really don´t understand whats wrong. A year ago I edited some epub-files including images without these problem and I think I use the same procedure this time.
gunilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 10:50 AM   #2
KevinH
Wizard
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
What platform? Do the images show up in Preview? Are you sure you are not confusing 1.JPG with 1.jpg? Those are different files in the epub's manifest which is inside Sigil's content.opf.

One way to get a better error message is to use Doitsu's wonderful epubcheck plugin for Sigil to see what that validator actually says.

Also opening a content.opf Tab via Sigil's BookBrowser and snapping a screenshot of the manifest section and posting it here may help.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 02:17 AM   #3
gunilla

Thank you for the answer.

I have now solved the problem. First I named the images Figur1, Figur2, Figur3,.... I have now renamed the images without any numbers, and then it did work. The epub-file is now valitated with no problems!
Old 05-05-2019, 10:37 AM   #4
gunilla

Although my epub-file validate without problem and everything seems okay in Adobe Digital Edition there is problem in my tablets. In Aldiko in my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (android) no images appear and in Bluefire Reader in my iPad all pages are empty, no text, no images, nothing???
Old 05-05-2019, 11:30 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
We simply cannot give any reliable advice without seeing any code and/or screenshots.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 11:42 AM   #6
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone X/6/iPad 1,2 & Air/Surface Pro/Kindle PW
And you really shouldn't be double posting.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:02 AM   #7
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Perhaps the image is too big. Many devices refuse to display pictures that are too big. Scale them down. A maximum of 1000px for the longest side should be sufficient.

It would be nice sometimes if a tricky bit of page layout could be achieved with a full-page image. Unfortunately, acceptable resolution would require an image size over the limit.
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:39 PM   #8
gunilla

Sorry, but as I couldn´t se my reply appear I posted it several times.

My problem is solved in BluefireReader since I installed Adobe-ID. It should not be necessary but now I can see the images. In Aldiko there is still problem to see the images. I have written to Aldiko support but has not got any answer yet.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:16 PM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Moderator Notice
Please stop double-posting and double-following-up on your double-posts.

Pick one thread (this one or the one in the EPUB forum) and stick with it.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 03:57 AM   #10
gunilla

Sorry for the double posting. As I couldn´t se my first posting, I posted another one. There must be some dealy before a post appear visible. I should NEVER do that again.

/Gunilla