Notices

Old 05-13-2019, 06:13 AM   #1
Emily7
Emily7 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Clipboard

Hi guys!

I have a somewhat tedious question to ask

For my academic research I have copy-pasted certain lines to the clipboard, and now I cannot find a place it stored it to

Does anyone know how I can get to those?
Emily7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 10:20 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
A 'comments' type field (like the synopses shows in) accepts random strings .
Use the Custom columns tool to add columns.
Columns add to the bulk of the database, less is more performance retention. don't go wild adding columns.

I would avoid using a 'standard Calibre column" even if it would accept the paste. One get metadata click, could stomp on what you had there, with it being replaced by ther results.

If you were clipping From Calibre, you can paste into just about any APP that allows values of the type you clipped. (text, integer, floating)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:24 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Copy metadata to clipboard in the book list only works for one book at a time, the assumption being you will be pasting it into another book.

But you can paste what it copies into something like a text editor, and you'll get something like this

Code:
Title               : Quick Start Guide
Title sort          : Quick Start Guide
Author(s)           : John Schember [Schember, John]
Languages           : eng
Timestamp           : 2018-12-21T09:05:24+00:00
Published           : 0101-01-01T00:00:00+00:00
Comments            : calibre Quick Start Guide
Read                : Yes
In Preferences->Shortcuts->Edit metadata you can set keyboard shortcuts for Copy metadata and Paste metadata, I have them set to Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V. Or you can select them from the Edit metadata button drop down.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 05-13-2019 at 05:27 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:32 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Moderator Notice
I moved this into a new thread because things have moved on since that old thread was created - Book List Copy/Paste metadata didn't exist back then.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote