Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 02-01-2018, 07:22 AM   #1
timetravelprimer
timetravelprimer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Share button greyed-out; used Quality Check

Hey everybody!

I'm pretty new to the ebook experience and I have an epub version of a book that I converted in Calibre to AWZ3 and used Quality Check for appropiate ASIN. Any other Goodreads integration features work such as update progress, add to shelf and even Book description on Amazon. What doesn't work is the thing I wanted the most, which is Share feature to share passages from the book. It's still greyed out.

I don't know what goes wrong and I'd really appreciate your help.
Thanks!
timetravelprimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 07:55 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I don't believe that works with books that you haven't downloaded directly from Amazon, because the text in your version of the book won't correspond with that in anyone else's version.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:32 AM   #3
timetravelprimer
timetravelprimer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
That's dissapointing because I read that some people managed to fix this using Quality Check.
timetravelprimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 06:02 PM   #4
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by timetravelprimer View Post
That's dissapointing because I read that some people managed to fix this using Quality Check.
hmmm..I don't think so. There's no upside to Amazon in that. I'd read that some people thougth they'd gotten around it, but if I recall what I thought, when I read those blog posts, basically, they simply zoned out the fact that they were reading a downloaded (bought) book.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
asin, calibre, goodreads, qualitycheck, share