Notices

Old 05-12-2010, 02:34 PM   #1
haino
Connoisseur
haino began at the beginning.

Device: none
Display problem - Can you help?

Hi
I bought this "like new" Hanvon N516 a few weeks back and it was fine. I dşdnt use it but played around and know it worked fine. I sold it on to a friend on at the weekend. It has been fine since but today when he turned it on the screen was fullof lines as in the attached photo.
Can anyone please advise the likely problem. Is there anything that can be done to rectify the problem.Any help would be greatly appreciated. A friendship could depend on this.
Thanks

haino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:40 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Looks like a cracked screen to me (the glass is fairly fragile).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #3
haino
Connoisseur

Thanks Brian
He assures me it hasnt been dropped or crushed.
Anything else it could be?
Old 05-12-2010, 03:20 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, the only other things that I've seen cause screen problems are the controller or simply that it needs a good charging (they sometimes get a strange look when the battery is dead), but to me that looks like the broken screen pics I've seen in other threads.

Did he carry it around in a backpack or anything where something could have put pressure on the screen?
Old 05-12-2010, 04:38 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
The diagonal lines radiating from a point is a definite indication of a cracked screen. Pressure was applied where the lines all come together. This sort of thing will not be covered under most warranties as it is not a design or manufacturing defect but was user caused.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #6
haino
Connoisseur

Thanks Brian and Dale for your advice.

Definitely sounds like a cracked screen then. Is it possible or even worth trying to get a replacement screen for the Hanvon
Old 05-12-2010, 05:16 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

You can check, but be aware that the screen is the most expensive part of the unit and they're not really user replaceable (unless you can the the waveform to calibrate the screen too). Most manufacturers charge close to the price of a new unit for screen replacement, but I don't know about this one specifically.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:03 PM   #8
haino
Connoisseur

Thanks Brian.
Will try to contact Hanvon but from what you say I wont hold too much hope.

Thanks again for your good advice
Old 06-12-2010, 03:13 AM   #9
haino
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebook sunny View Post
have u solve your problem?
what about the Hanvon after service ?
No.Unfortunately it appeared to be a broken screen so my friend has given up and started again. He bought another reader (not Hanvon).
We didn't try Hanvon After Sales Service.

Thanks for all the advice given above