Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-27-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Wadja get?

Spousal Unit MkIII got a portrait done at Glamor Shots and also gave me a Hawaiian Hook pendant.

I got her a really nice ring on the cruise ship (and a Caribbean Cruise).

You?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:56 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Well, I got a wife for Christmas -- one week early!

A great Christmas!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2008, 10:57 AM   #3
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Well, I got a wife for Christmas -- one week early!

A great Christmas!

Don
I usually get those for Valentine's Day, myself...
Old 12-27-2008, 11:53 AM   #4
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
My family stuck mostly to practical things (a folding grocery cart, a rice cooker, a set of borosilicate glass cookware, some clothing) but I am pleased completely out of proportion with a stocking-stuffer LED booklight that works beautifully with my Sony Reader.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:38 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I got a pair of very nice Seven for All Mankind Jeans....that I have to exchange because they are too small. A nice set of Art Nouveau dishes...that I have to take back to Pier 1 because there are three dishes inside instead of four. A box and notepad with damask print on it (I'm going for that whole Parisian theme in my new house).

Not much else. However, my mother is pretty much going to go batshiat crazy in a month or so when I move, and fill it up with all sorts of crap. She doesn't want to do it now because she doesn't want to move it all (otherwise I would be a proud owner of a Kitchen Aid mixer too).
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2008, 04:43 PM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
We bought each other SOnY REaders a few months back as Christmas presents to each other. Two weeks ago we got a new puppy, so the puppy was the only one to open any presents.

Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:02 PM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
We bought each other SOnY REaders a few months back as Christmas presents to each other. Two weeks ago we got a new puppy, so the puppy was the only one to open any presents.

Looks like the puppy is enjoying opening them, he he!
Old 12-27-2008, 05:47 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Well, like I posted earlier,my daughter gave me a new LGNvy2 phone, so now I"m 'texting', (she's even paying for that!)

a new cookie jar to add to my collection

and my son sent one of those there newfangled Electronic picture frames loaded with pictures of the kids at all ages......fun to look at.

Today we went to the mall, and I got my new ringtone.....
Abba's "Ring, Ring"

But I also bought Jasper Ffords The Eyre Affair..........promises to be interesting.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:48 AM   #9
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Secret Santa bought me a pizza stone and a half-bottle of Chateau Guiraud. The Loved One and I, however, don't buy Christmas presents for each other - we save the gift-giving for birthdays.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:26 AM   #10
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
For us, it was about losing instead of getting. Tim's dad passed away on Christmas Eve. He had been sick for a long time, on hospice for almost 3 yrs.

I got a notebook computer and a PRS-505 (ordered).
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:44 AM   #11
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
For us, it was about losing instead of getting. Tim's dad passed away on Christmas Eve. He had been sick for a long time, on hospice for almost 3 yrs.

Sorry to hear that
Old 12-28-2008, 10:49 AM   #12
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post

I am sorry for you loss, Dixie. Having lovedones pass so near the holidays is always hard.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:50 AM   #13
pshrynk

On a brighter note, we got a Wii for Christmas, so last night was spent bowling, boxing, playing tennis, diving in the tropics, and eradicating the Globs of Doom from Bikini Beach.

After we go home, we unpacked the Wii and set it up.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:14 AM   #14
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
On a brighter note, we got a Wii for Christmas, so last night was spent bowling, boxing, playing tennis, diving in the tropics, and eradicating the Globs of Doom from Bikini Beach.

After we go home, we unpacked the Wii and set it up.
Are you sore yet?
Old 12-28-2008, 11:42 AM   #15
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Are you sore yet?
I actually woke up in the middle of the night and had to take a motrin to get back to sleep!