Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-16-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
Batman Jr.
Edge User

Question Problem Getting Kindle For Android On Pocket eDGe

I haven't found this issue mentioned by searching past posts, so apologies if it has already been covered. I downloaded the Amazon App Store on my Pocket eDGe, and then downloaded the Kindle for Android app. However, the app icon didn't show up on the Pocket eDGe's home screen, but rather on my full-sized eDGe . I think the problem may be that I wasn't able to get the Pocket eDGe registered until today, so the app went to the only "official" one recognized on my enTourage account (my Amazon account also automatically registered the full-sized eDGe upon download of the app). Now, when I try to re-download the app to the Pocket eDGe, I get the message from Amazon telling me I've already purchased it, with the upshot being I can't seem to get it on the Pocket eDGe. I'm hoping that, like a lot of things connected with my exploration of these devices, it's a relatively simple fix that I'm just not catching yet. Any ideas/suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman Jr. View Post
I haven't found this issue mentioned by searching past posts, so apologies if it has already been covered. I downloaded the Amazon App Store on my Pocket eDGe, and then downloaded the Kindle for Android app. However, the app icon didn't show up on the Pocket eDGe's home screen, but rather on my full-sized eDGe . I think the problem may be that I wasn't able to get the Pocket eDGe registered until today, so the app went to the only "official" one recognized on my enTourage account (my Amazon account also automatically registered the full-sized eDGe upon download of the app). Now, when I try to re-download the app to the Pocket eDGe, I get the message from Amazon telling me I've already purchased it, with the upshot being I can't seem to get it on the Pocket eDGe. I'm hoping that, like a lot of things connected with my exploration of these devices, it's a relatively simple fix that I'm just not catching yet. Any ideas/suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Open the Amazon app - menu - my apps. You shouls see it there with the word install after it.

Advert
Old 05-16-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
Batman Jr.
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennedonna View Post
Open the Amazon app - menu - my apps. You shouls see it there with the word install after it.
Thank you for the prompt reply. On my first attempt, it didn't show the Kindle app in the "My Apps" section, so I tried to download again. However, now I keep getting a "forced close" message, so I'm going to reboot and try again. Thanks again for setting me down (hopefully) the right path, though. Take care.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:45 PM   #4
Filark
Edge User

Hi Batman! I got that forced close message several times with the Appstore app. If it continues for you I will try to remember what I did to fix it. I know I googled the exact terminology and found an answer that had me go to the Amazon web page and delete my PE registration with them, then reinstall the app and reregister it with Amazon. You might just need to register your PE as your second device, or something like that.

Good luck!

Old 05-16-2011, 08:11 PM   #5
Batman Jr.
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Hi Batman! I got that forced close message several times with the Appstore app. If it continues for you I will try to remember what I did to fix it. I know I googled the exact terminology and found an answer that had me go to the Amazon web page and delete my PE registration with them, then reinstall the app and reregister it with Amazon. You might just need to register your PE as your second device, or something like that.

Good luck!
Thank you, Filark; it's good to know I'm not heading down completely uncharted paths! I've got some concentrated time now to dig in to the workings of both eDGes more, so hopefully I'll have some serendipitous learning take place, too, but the aid of "been there, done that" is really nice. This is truly a community in all the best senses of the word, and I definitely appreciate your helpful spirit. Take care.

Advert